Fasttrack Fence on BS1401 ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasttrack Fence on BS1401 ??

I have a Ridgid BS1401 bandsaw, the one with the TEFC motor. I have a home made bandsaw fence that I use for ripping and for resawing. I would like something more substantial. Does anyone have any experience with the Duginske designed Fasttrack bandsaw fence, especially as it relates to this saw?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Narges

From the lack of a response, I take it that no one has any experience with the Woodcraft / Duginske bandsaw fence. I received mine today, and I am happy to report that the fence is very sturdy. It has slots that accept the head of a standard 1/4 - 20 hex head bolt. There is a provision for adjusting for "lead" by means of standard 1/4" bolt washers. the fence bolts onto the Rdigid table without any hassle. I was able to resaw a piece of red oak veneer 1/6" thick as easily as could be imagined. I highly recommend this fence for anyone so interested.

Comment

Is that the same as the accessory fence from Ridgid?

Comment

I do not believe that the two fences are the same. Though the Woodcraft / duginske fence is about $20 more, it is extremely well made and sturdy. Sometimes a picture is worth . . .
        Sincerely,

Mike Narges

Comment

As an alternative to a purchased fence, if you make your own you have the benefit of making a larger table surface, and being able to make or incorporate all of the accessories and ideas of others. ie. Resaw attachment, Circle cutting pin, Drift correction screws, Rear fence clamp, and for around $50 complete.

David

Comment

Very nice work! I believe that the said fence would be completely adaptable to a similar setup. Excellent work.

Sincerely,

Mike Narges

Comment

Cutbuff, nice job. t-track in the side of the top; gotta put that one into memory!

Comment

Now that what I called a fence!
                Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                X