X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard board

hello everyone. i have noticed that alot of projects call for 1/4 " hardboard for templates and other things but i can only seem to find 1/8 or 3/16" at the local home centers. will that work ok where 1/4' is called for? or does anyone know where i can get 1/4" at? i mainly just want to use it for jigs and templates. thanks tony

Re: hard board

ive wondered the same thing but ive found 1/4" mdf works

Comment

Originally posted by yoskeeze View Post
      hello everyone. i have noticed that alot of projects call for 1/4 " hardboard for templates and other things but i can only seem to find 1/8 or 3/16" at the local home centers. will that work ok where 1/4' is called for? or does anyone know where i can get 1/4" at? i mainly just want to use it for jigs and templates. thanks tony
      I think you would be able to get by with 3/16"...

I don't think you could find 1/4" and if you did I don't think it would measure 1/4"...

I think all plywood and hardboard (Masonite) is undersized these days... That's why they make the under sized router bits etc. ...

Even dimensional lumber is shrinking... A 2"x4" used to measure almost 1 5/8" thick, but now they're more like 1 7/16"
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

thanks for the help. i guess i 'll just use whats available.

Comment

Working...
        X