X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for cool blocks

Good Evening All - I intend to put cool blocks on my Ridgid 14" bandsaw and am hoping that you all have some recommendations and sources. As usual, thanks in advance. BO

In your scrap wood pile. I use homemade hardwood "cool blocks". My saw happens to use ½" round so I use ½" dowel, but you just as easily trim some stock down to ½" square or whatever dimension you need. I cut mine about 1½" long and soak them for 24-48 hours in mineral oil. I then stick them in the microwave (still under mineral oil) for about 30 seconds. I store them in zip lock baggies. Push them right up against the blade and saw away. When the end gets a little ragged, trim it flat and push 'em back up against the blade. Works great and at virtually no cost.

gator

Comment

What a great idea!!....I'll have to file this one away for the day I get a bandsaw....thanks!
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Just wonder around Ridgids site and find the band saw and click on accessories. You'll find them there. I bought a set and they work well and ware good. Just make sure when you change blades you do the proper adjustments so the teeth of the blade don't eat them away.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

The model number on the Cool Blocks accessory is AC5007 and is available at www.ridgidparts.com

Jake

Comment

Thanks all for the info - ordering a set today and using Gator's tip as well. Good stuff. BO

Comment

Working...
            X