Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Table top alignment instructions

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    FINER9988,
    You were absolutelly right, I went over the fantastic alignment instructions, by DaveWoodWork, a few more times and sure enough the answer was there. Thank you.
    Not sure if the question was answered....does it matter if the dial indicator is at a right angle to the saw blade when taking this measurement or not? Still puzzled...I am running into the same "issue"....with my measurement with the blade at 90 degrees. Once I get that figured out I will proceed to the 45 degree measurements...
    Thanks!

Comment

Re: R4511 Table top alignment instructions

Originally posted by Mutinyguy View Post
      Not sure if the question was answered....does it matter if the dial indicator is at a right angle to the saw blade when taking this measurement or not?

it should be roughly perpendicular to the blade, but absolute precision isn't necessary, as long as the attitude relative to the blade isn't changed between the readings taken at the front of the blade and the rear of the blade.

Still puzzled...I am running into the same "issue"....with my measurement with the blade at 90 degrees. Once I get that figured out I will proceed to the 45 degree measurements...
      Thanks!
      the write up by davewoodwork covers this in detail and works for cabinet, hybrid and contractor style saws.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
      X