X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid absence at WW shows

Wow, went to my first WW show yesterday and was pleasently supprised with the huge amount of demonstrations, displays, tool deals...but no Ridgid. I wonder why?
    Jack

Jack----think it has to do with HD not supporting/participating in the shows and Ridgid's exclusive ww'ing tool contract with them. Pure speculation on my part, but if HD keeps dropping Ridgid lines of tools, from their stores, you may see more show activity from Ridgid---though who knows.
    Dave

Comment

Dave, was at my local HD the other day and found that the Ridgid display area was now the new appliance area. All of the signs and displays were gone. All of the Ridgid tools were lined up just outside the tool crib as if to be sold off, not waiting to go to a new area. No price reductions tho. Wonder if this is happening elsewhere. Also wonder if HD is dropping them altogether. Do you know when the contract expires?
      Jack...
      Jack

Comment

My HD has three Ridge machings on a shelf six feet off the ground as there display. You can't even look at them they are so high up.
        Scott

Comment

Nothing about HD's merchandising would surprise me. While the tool crib is still in tact---it's over-run with Ryobi tools----my local HD---STILL has the old 2424 on display---broken handle on the fence---with no mark-down----not a 3612 in site---after how many months?
          Dave

Comment

If you ask me, I think the time is coming pretty soon for the contract to be up....I'll be very surprised if it gets renewed. I'm hoping Lowe's will get it.
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I've been to several HDs in Wisconsin and the Ridgid displays have only gotten better.

Comment

At the HD near my home in St. Louis (Emerson's home town) they have what looks like all the Ridgid woodworking tools on display...the problem is they are all crammed next to each other that there is no way to get to any of them.

Michael

Comment

I, too, went to my first woodworking show recently in Houston. Delta and Porter Cable were not there. Neither was Jet. Nor Ryobi, nor Grizzly. Did I see their tools? Yes, demonstrated by the local dealer who, in each case, was almost as clueless as our friends at Home Depot. But the Delta and Jet factories do not sell tools to end users, just as Emerson/Ridgid does not. The dealers do, so the dealers (but not Home Depot) were at the show.

Comment

Interesting. The WW show I went to in Atlanta had Jet and Delta representatives at various dealers' booths. So while I bought from dealers, I had the expertise of the factory rep.

Comment

Man it would be nice if Ridgid would came bach to the ww shows.
                      Andy B.

Comment

I've been going since 1998 and have never seen Ridgid at any WW show...have they ever been there?
                        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Yeah, Ridgid was represented at the show in Mesquite, um (Dave counts back on fingers), aw heck, either 1999 or 2000.

Dave
                          crummy with dates...

Comment

Went to the Sacramento show two weeks ago----and it was notable that a number of previous vendors were either totally gone or had severly reduced displays. Think the economy has finally caught up with the shows.
                            Now is probably not the time Ridgid would push to get to the shows.
                            Dave

Comment

Dave, I would have to disagree. With the economy being the way it is, I think many people would find it a good thing if they knew how good the Ridgid saw was in comparison to an $800 Delta or Jet. Ridgid tools, for the most part are more cost effective than other name brands and could increase sales because people don't want to pay that extra $200

Comment

Working...
                              X