X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Table Project

Finally completed my router table project. I built the top first and then used the router top mounted across a couple of saw horses to help mill out the drawers and cabinet components. Just got around to painting it a couple weeks ago and have been using it almost daily. Thought I'd share some pic's with you.

millman
    Attached Files

Re: Router Table Project

very nicely done. what is the significance of the upper right drawer pull looking different than the rest? and where do you get that color paint? what is the top made of and what insert did you use?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
      very nicely done. what is the significance of the upper right drawer pull looking different than the rest? and where do you get that color paint? what is the top made of and what insert did you use?
      I think that is the on/off button.

Comment

That looks great. What is the top made of??? Also is your TS outfeed table Norm's version? If not can we see some pics of it. Thanks. Pat

Comment

The top is made up from two layers of 3/4" MDF glued and screwed together. The laminate on the top and bottom is black micro-dot formica. The top right-hand drawer pull is the On-Off button. As far as the TS outfeed table it is a stand-a-lone table that I built to match the width of the saw with an extension wing that adds 43" of rip capacity to the right of the blade. Heres a couple of pic's of the outfeed table.

millman
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice router table Millman
            Cheers! - Jim
            -------------
            All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Did you take the back hold down part of the fence off so that you can fit the out feed table so close?

Looks very nice btw!

Comment

and what paint did you use to almost match the tool colors?
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Very nice work, Millman! I'm curious about the internal cabinet dust collection. I see a section of hose that goes to the lower dust port. What does that hose go to? Also, where did you get the casters? It looks like you have two really sweet locking casters.

It's a beautiful cabinet and a beautiful outfeed table! Nice furniture-grade stuff for your shop. I bet the furniture it makes is extraordinary!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I love the orange. Very professionally done - both router and outfeed table. Thanks for showing the pictures.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. VASandy, the lower dust port is designed so that I can either use the dust collection shroud that's on the router or I can pull vacuum in the chamber. The Triton router has an excellent dust shroud that has a 1-1/4" hose inlet, so I made a short vacuum hose that plugs into the port on the inside of the router chamber. If I have to remove the dust shroud to use a large diameter router bit I simply unplug the hose and pull vacuum from the chamber. The casters are HTC 2000 caster kit from Rockler, I just mounted them directly to the cabinet.

FINER9998, the orange paint is a custom match from home depot.

Wrenchhead, yes I did take the rear hold down clip off the fence, the only purpose it serves is to keep the fence down if you are using a featherboard. I may actually modify the fence so that it rides on the saw top instead of the rear rail and then mount the outfeed table directly to the saw, eliminating the small gap the rear rail creates between the saw top and the outfeed table.

millman

Comment

is there a label on the custom match? It would show the ingredients and the ratio of them to each other.

Might be nice to know if we ever want to get some mixed for ourselves

Comment

Great work Millman! How did you mount the table extension to the saw? You also mentioned the top is made from two pieces of MDF laminated to "black micro-dot formica". I always thought Formica was a solid counter surface. Where did you get the Formica laminate?
                          Last edited by slicksleeve; 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

slicksleeve, the tablesaw extension mounts to the rear extended length angle iron and in the front it mounts to the square tube fence rail with two aluminum angles. (see pic) The formica comes in sheet form and is contact cemented to the MDF. You can order it from most any lumber yard or kitchen center.

millman
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice Job !!
                              I Like the positive kill type switch !
                              How long is your table ? I built mine 4' long with the fence a 'hair' longer!
                              I was unable to find what I wanted commercially so I invented my own.
                              Mine doubles as an edge joiner also. heres a pic of my'creation'.

no I didnt paint it probably never will.
                              I didnt want any tracks inset into it so I made my fence a pivot style.
                              (pivots on the left - swings in an arc on the right)
                              I even bored the holes in the router plate myself.
                              hey it works ! after many - many kitchen doors, my invention will be around my shop for a long time.
                              Excellent job on yours tho !
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X