Clear All

• Router Table project for TS3650

Check out this site for pictures and tips
    router.htm

Great job! Thanks for all the details.
    Alan
    My Shop

Comment

Outrage can yo send me the dimension layout for the router mounting plate. Want to make one out of 1/4" Alum plate for my own project. just got my own 3650. "SMOOTH".
      Great Table Boss.
      If It\'s Not Broke, Fix It Anyway!

Comment

Superb job Outrage!

Many will find this of great benefit and help. Nice to see someone take time to do a detailed "howdy-doody" walk thru.

Again - very nice job [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Great Job!! The pictures and details really help. How heavy a router are you using on this?

Thanks for sharing your skills...

Comment

Outrage
            Nice work! I asked this quesiton in one of the other threads on your router table maybe you didn't see it.
            The question was, I see you used a lot of Bt3100 parts in building your router table. Can I guess you once had a BT3100? If so how do you compare it to the 3650?
            Thank for sharing the Router table/pictures and thanks for any info on the BT3100 you cn supply.
            Rev Ed

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply guys. I've been gone for 4 days. I had to take the little woman to Vegas as a penalty for spending too much on tools!!! I'll answer all your questions in one reply.

I am using a Porter Cable router in the table which is fairly heavy as routers go. (It's in one of the photos.) The weight of the router and the work plus the downward pressure I put on the table when using it is what necessitates the support legs. If you don't use them, the fence rails are doing all the work which is not a good thing.

Yes, I did own a BT3100 for about a month. I exchanged it for the 3650. The BT is a very flexible design but it had two problems that caused me to upgrade. First, the BT couldn't hold adjustments when moving the SMT or accessory tables to opposite sides of the blade. All that flexibility is worthless if you have to repeat the setup every day. Secondly, the lack of miter slots is a pain if you use alot of jigs. You can buy an accessory kit that includes a miter slot section but it's poorly designed, only goes on the left side of the blade and is almost impossible to square and level. (Ryobi gives you paper and plastic shims for it). I am very happy I spent the extra bucks for a 3650.

The router plate I used was from the Ryobi accessory kit. It is 3/16" aluminum plate, 7" wide and 8 5/8" long. The center hole is 2 5/8" in diameter. I had to drill new mounting holes for the Porter Cable. If you're going to make your own, 1/8" will do nicely. I also recommend that you ask the machinist to put 1/16" rabbet around the router hole so you make pop-in" disks for different sized bits.

Comment

Sorry, In the last post I meant to say 1/4" will do nicely if you're making your own plate.

Comment

Working...
                X