X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored at the Depot JPO610

I was at HD earlier and seen the rigid jointer on clearence for $321.00. I had to run home grab my 10 percent off coupon and beg the wife for an early fathers day present.It is in the shop now!! I think I got a pretty good deal.

Is there any tips or tricks I need to know to set it up or is it pretty straight forward?It has all over the box 3 YEAR WARRANTY.Do these not have the lifetime warranty?

Re: Scored at the Depot JPO610

Congratulations on picking up the Ridgid JP0610. I've had my eye on one for some time, but the budget hasn't allowed for it yet. Unforntunately, I don't see those kind of bargains at my local HD. They've got them, but the manager doesn't seem to ever these shop tools on clearance.

Regarding your inquiry regarding the "Lifetime Warranty"... first off, the "lifetime" isn't a warranty, it's a "service agreement" and you have to register the tools in order to get that. There should be all kinds of information in your HD about that; but if not, there is a link at the end of my post.

Registration will require you to send in the UPC bar code from the product's box and you will need to send a copy of your receipt. Here is a link to the registration page: https://register.ridgidpower.com/

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Just so you are aware, it takes them a long time to reply that your warranty has been validated. I bought a 3660 about 4-5 months ago, and just recently got their validation reply. As always, follow the warranty submittal instructions to the letter, and xerox everything you send to them.
      "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Thanks for the advise.I am sending service agreement stuff out today

Comment

Noticed that you live in Florida, get some paste wax on the bed ASAP, they start to rust up as you sit there and admire them.

Comment

You are too right Cookn. I am also in FL. What I initially did with mine was take a green scotchbrite pad and some mineral spirits, and got it really clean. Then some Boeshield T9, (rubbed it off after about 2 min so it doesn't dry and get gummy), then a couple of coats of Johnsons Paste Wax. I do this on all my cast iron tools, which is all of them. I can't get past being scared of the new granite stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.I put some jonsons paste wax on it.I don"t know if I am applying it right.Do you guys put it on real thick then buff the haze off?

The jointer is nice but the blades are nicked right out of the box.It is a very small nick that I can"t see and I can hand sand the line out of the wood with 220 grit.

Comment

i'd put on enough wax to just cover the surfaces, much as you would if you were waxing a car. when the paste wax hazes, buff it off. regarding your knives, i had the same thing occur. a quick call to ridgid CS got me a new set of knives, gratis. a short term solution, i've heard, is to offset one knife 1/8" so the nick is removed by the unnicked portion of the surfaces. i've never tried this, but intuitively, it should work.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Offsetting does work. Also, the knives are reversable. Now you get into the business of adjusting them. Read the manual carefully, and also there are a lot of threads(and methods) talked about on this forum, and on Sawmill Creek. What I do is raise the outfeed table until it is exactly even with the infeed, then lay a straight edge across, and raise the knife until it just barely touches the straight edge. Do it on each end, then all three knives. It is an exacting thing, because when you tighten the nuts, it may throw it off a little. It is worth the trouble to get it right.

Comment

Unless they changed something the knives are not reversible. They can be shifted but once they are dull you have to have them sharpened. I know the ones I have aren't and the ones I bought at Home Depot aren't either.

Comment

If your blades are nicked out of the box ridgid will send you new ones. they have good customer service.

Comment

Working...
                      X