X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid table saw.

I recently purchased a ridgid table saw model #r4511 the new hybrid model. I can't get the fence to lock at the rear. I am a machinist and also work in maintenance. I can find no adjustment to solve this problemm
    Thanks
    Jim

Re: Hybrid table saw.

The fence is not designed to lock at the rear. There are quite a few posts on the fence adjustment and alignment. Once adjusted properly it should lock down tight and hold parallel.

Comment

Re: Hybrid table saw.

Jim - The R4511 has a steel T-square fence that works on a principle much like the much copied Biesemeyer T-square. It only locks at the front rail. The benefit of that design is simplicity, consistency, user friendliness, and accuracy...when set up correctly, it'll lock square at 90° every time without fail. It's a set it and forget it fence. The rear hook is to prevent it from lifting but does not tighten. Once properly adjusted, it should slide fairly easily but lock firmly enough to prevent any significant deflection. If you yank on the tail end with enough force (and leverage), you might see some deflection, but this is not representative of the real world forces the fence sees. If you push at about the 11" point where the wood actually pushes on the fence before the front edge of the blade, you should get next to no movement.

Comment

Working...
      X