X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collector

I have just bought the New R4511 and I love the saw. I don't have a Dust Collection system. But I what to hook up my 16 gal shop vac to it. I would have to reduce the 4 inch port to 2 1/4" using a rubber boot/cuppling.

Would this be ok and safe to do?

Also I have a old furnace blower that I am thinking about building a box for, Porting it outside and adding furnace fillter inside (Ceiling mount) to "suck" out the air born saw dust.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks Faithful_servant

Re: Dust Collector

You might want to take a look at the Thien design for use with Garbage cans and 5 gallon buckets, makes the system a heck of a lot more efficiant than just hooking up to a shop vac, the problem with hooking up directly, you will be cleaning filters and emptying it quite often, I tried the shop vac route and couldn't use my saw for more than about 5 minutes with out cleaning the filters. http://www.cgallery.com/smf/ Dp

Comment

+1 on the thien separator. also, sears sells an autoswitch in the stores that will automatically start your shop vac when the saw is activated. it plugs into a wall outlet, then the tool is plugged into one receptacle in the unit while the shop vac is plugged into an different outlet in the unit. makes activating the vac a no brainer. and i've run my table saw, shop vac and a delta ap400 dust collector all on a 20amp circuit through this control, so its got the necesary capacity. here it is:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ol+accessories

long term. you need the volume of air moved by a dust collector to really control dust. but for now , the shop vac is much better than nothing.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Faithful_servant View Post
        I have just bought the New R4511 and I love the saw. I don't have a Dust Collection system. But I what to hook up my 16 gal shop vac to it. I would have to reduce the 4 inch port to 2 1/4" using a rubber boot/cuppling.

Would this be ok and safe to do?

Also I have a old furnace blower that I am thinking about building a box for, Porting it outside and adding furnace fillter inside (Ceiling mount) to "suck" out the air born saw dust.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks Faithful_servant
        I have the 4511 and put a boot/cuppler on the port. It works fine with my HD 16 gallon vac. I put a bag in mine to keep from having to clean the filter every five minutes. This setup also works with my cyclone Dust Deputy.

Big G

Comment

Working...
        X