X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• static electricty

as stated in earlier posts i have a 13" ridgid planer hooked to a large ridgid shop vac. this has worked great except for frequient dumping (beats the hell out of a dustpan). But the other day i was surfaceing black oak and the vac didnt seem to work properly so i started checking, the outside of the hose had chips sticking to it and when i dumped the vac i had to shake it to get the chips to come out they were so stuck together checked the chip chute and it was almost pluged. im thinking static is the problem but how do i fix it,

Run 2 or 3 ground wires to different areas of the vac and hose and tie them to a water pipe or other ground

Comment

An easy and inexpensive way to control staic is make a 50/50 solution of downey fabric softener and water and mist the area, in your case the hose and drum of the vac, I use an old formula 409 spray bottle. This also works great on carpet or furniture that will zap you in the winter.

Dave

Comment

Dave Moran,
        Great idea Dave and welcome to the forum... I had never thought of the Downey...
        Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Big Johnson:
          Dave Moran,
          Great idea Dave and welcome to the forum... I had never thought of the Downey...
          Well it is not an origional idea, I used to install phone systems, this was from the manufacturer of the phone system where we had one lady who would reguarly zap her phone when she wore sweaters. I have used their idea on many occasions. It's cheap and it works, best of both worlds.
          Thanks for the welcome, I usually hang out on Wood On Line there is where I learned of this forum. I used to hang out on a couple of Yahoo clubs until the made the clubs pretty unuseable. I enjoy getting other people's thoughts and ideas, and one in a while I have one to share as well.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Big Johnson:
            Dave Moran,
            Well it is not an origional idea, I used to install phone systems, this was from the manufacturer of the phone system where we had one lady who would reguarly zap her phone when she wore sweaters. I have used their idea on many occasions. It's cheap and it works, best of both worlds.
            Thanks for the welcome, I usually hang out on Wood On Line there is where I learned of this forum. I used to hang out on a couple of Yahoo clubs until the made the clubs pretty unuseable. I enjoy getting other people's thoughts and ideas, and one in a while I have one to share as well.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X