Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Tool Chest

Hello,

I am new here and hope someone may help with my problem. I am building a wood tool chest and am looking for the pin hardware to lock the drawers when the lid is closed. I have not been able to locate this hardware and hope someone will please help.

Thanks a bunch
    BobbyS1

Re: Wood Tool Chest

Check at your local bookstore or library and see if they carry this book. If they do, there might be a source listing for hardware.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Rockler has them... http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...5&filter=locks

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

the other thing I was thinking was this is kinda of a poor mans way, but I bought a low cost tool box and it just has a rod that you pull out after opening the lid, and lay in the top of the box, this rod actual goes in front of the drawers, but one could have it go thought a hole in the drawers front or rear or sides, and would be hidden then, a nice brass rod and knob would look nice.

I have another tool box that mounts onto the tractor but is removable, and locks on with a small rod on the back inside of the box one manually releases buy lifting and turning 90 degrees, and it pulls it self up off the tab that goes through the back of the tool box and the box can be removed then and carried to the work,

other wise I think one would have to fabricate there own unless it was made to be very universal, or buy a replacement for a specific box, and make the box to the same specifications.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Bobby,
            I have those on my web site. There is three different lengths. Union 2.7",Gerstner 2.9" also available are extra long 4" that can be cut to length.Bushings , springs and eyelets are included.

Regards, John

WWW.MACHINISTCHEST.COM
            Last edited by machinistchest.com; 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
            www.machinistchest.com

Comment

Working...
            X