Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jointer and folding Miter saw table - good deal ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer and folding Miter saw table - good deal ?

I have an opportunity to pick up a Rigid JP0600 Jointer and a StableMate Miter Saw stand for $250 total. The Jointer - he claims- only has about 5 hours of use on it, has 2 extra sets of blades and a wheel base. Any reason NOT to do this ?

I am new to woodworking and have not yet had the use for a jointer, but when a good deal comes along I don't want to miss out on it.

I have been lurking here for a while and now have finally revealed my identity... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Griffin

I'd do only one thing---go look at the jointer and put a straight edge on the beds and fence---if they're straight---jump on it---it's a very good deal---Stablemate---probably not the easiest to pack up, but very rigid.
    Dave

Comment

I agree with Dave. If it's straight and the motor works, it's a very good deal for the jointer. I don't know much about the stand, but even if you don't need/want it, you could get the deal and sell the stand off later to get some cash back. You may want to make sure the blade guard is still on the jointer and that it has some push blocks. If it doesn't, you could always order those from Ridgid's website and ask him to take a couple more bucks off, though, so it's not a deal-breaker by any means.

Comment

You can add my vote to the guy's advice above. I Have a JP600 and it is great. Push blocks are available just about anywhere on line for $5-10. Not a big deal.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X