No risers for Bandsaw 1400???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI,

I spoke to ordertree.com customer service on 01/06/04. He said he has had several people calling about status of riser blocks. He checked with supervisor & was told that as of Friday 01/02/04, manufacturer told them it would be about another month.

Hopefully, mine will come soon.

Kevin

Comment

I was just talking to Ridgid CS. They said that there is an issue with the riser blocks and they are on hold. It didn't seem to be a backorder issue as much as an issue with the blocks. Anyway she said that it would probably be at least a few weeks.

Comment

Somewhat a "sorry to hear about delay" and a "happy to hear"

Nice if one could get when needed. But a whole lot worse to get it and for some reason it didn't meet a QC issue. Then one gets really mad.

If they doing homework on it and getting it done right - kuddos to them.

Comment

I've been waiting for a month, called today and was told that ridgid doesn't know when or if they are going to release riser blocks again.
          Heald onto my order anyway just incase the guys at my depo are exaggerating.

Comment

I sure don't understand their reasoning----accessories generally have a good mark-up and are profitable for the company----heard they also dragged their feet on the dado insert for the 3650.

Anyway, I wouldn't dwell too much on the lack of a riser----the capacity to cut wider boards (resawing)-----well, a riser block is just one component----you still need to know if the mechanics of the saw will support accurate resawing work---and then, there's still the issue of whether you have enough hp to accomplish the job. I don't think the 1400 is a bad, general purpose saw, but don't think it would be my first choice for a lot of resawing work. There is still a lot of fun work you can do with it.
            Dave

Comment

Having used the 1400 for about a month, I am very pleased with it's overall performance. I didn't buy it just for the resawing but for the overall use and dependability. It has proven itself numerous times. I think it was a very good investment. I will continue to wait for the riser block assembly to come in. I talked to Ridgid CS (even though I bought the part through HD) and feel confident that I will get it when they resolve the issues they are having.

Comment

There is one (only one) at my local HD (Vineland, NJ, HD # 0946) and it is marked at $39.95 if I remember correctly (marked down from $59).

They also have about 10 dado throat plates for the TS2412 (NOT the TS3650). The people working there didn't even know they had them. They were buried in one of the back displays outside the tool section where the shop-vacs are.

Maybe someone looking for the BS riser block might want to contact their local HD and see if they can get the one sitting here collecting dust

Comment

My local HD had 3 BS1400 riser kits on the shelf on sale for $35. I bought all 3. 1 is mine . I am offering the other 2 for sale to the members of this forum . HERE ARE THE RULES.
                  1)If you want 1, reply to this thread only.
                  2)Only 1 per customer
                  3)First come-First served
                  4)Buyer agrees to pay $35 + tax + actual UPS shipping charges. (I'm not making a nickle on this deal).
                  5)I will contact the "winners" by e-mail to arrange payment and shipping. It will be on the honor system. If you trust me to ship the goods, I will trust you to send me a check. Fair enough?
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax,

I would love to take one of those riser blocks off of your hands . I appreciate the gesture to fellows BS1400 owners. I will email you right away. Thanks.

Chris in MD

Comment

A quick notw to those that are waiting for riser blocks. I did a google search on riser blocks today I I read psot from various woodworking forums. The owners of both Powermatic and Jet bandsaws were waiting on them as well. They were all having backorder issues, and they were several months out from recieving them. Perhaps the one chinaman that makes them all took a long vacation and will be back on the job soon. We can only hope.

Now that I got my first post submitted in a timely manner I can rattle off my impressions of a Home Depot trip I just made. The stationary power tool section looked really sad. It amazes me that a company that put soo much money into the launching of a new line would allow this area to be so homely. The tools were dusty and the few accessories they had were hanging there with clearance stickers on them. Granted they were the old color scheme and the may be waitng for new stock. It almost seems they were taken by surprise about there own plans.

They had an older BS1400 for 349.00. The saw looked exactly the same except it had Made in Taiwan printed inside the bottom cover and the sticker on the back still had a USA address for Ridge tool co. My new saw has china stamped on it in several places but they do look exactly alike. I am very happy with mine and it cuts great, even with the stock blade.

Chris

Comment

message removed per request.

(too many finish fumes) *hic*

[ 01-17-2004, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
                        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Funny you mention tool section looking sad. I was perusing HD today too. Wanted to look at the BT3100 b/c I am curious what the folks that have em are referring to. It was assembled with one rail correct and one put on backwards so it extended far to the right on back side and far to the left in the front. I was amazed that thing made it to the floor.

NIMRODS... lol

Jake

Comment

Lorax:
                            I am interested in one of the Riser set''s if still available. Please e-mail me at tes@aosi.com to work out the details.

Thanks
                            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax:
                              My local HD had 3 BS1400 riser kits on the shelf on sale for $35. I bought all 3. 1 is mine . I am offering the other 2 for sale to the members of this forum . HERE ARE THE RULES.
                              1)If you want 1, reply to this thread only.
                              2)Only 1 per customer
                              3)First come-First served
                              4)Buyer agrees to pay $35 + tax + actual UPS shipping charges. (I'm not making a nickle on this deal).
                              5)I will contact the "winners" by e-mail to arrange payment and shipping. It will be on the honor system. If you trust me to ship the goods, I will trust you to send me a check. Fair enough?
                              The 2 riser kits are spoken for.
                              The "winners" are ChrisinMD and TomSeaman.
                              (Two NEWBIES) That'll teach you "old guys" to go to bed so early. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                              If I run across any more I'll let you know.
                              Lorax
                              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax,
                                Been away for a couple of days and just saw your post on the risers. I would love to have one if I am not too late to put my name in the pot. My e-mail is jescanshantif@erols.com. Thanks for being so considerate and looking out for the rest of us.
                                Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                X