No risers for Bandsaw 1400???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorax,
    Your last post wasn't there when I typed my request or I would not have posted. Happy for the guys who won. Keep me in mind if your hear of any others. We all have to look out for each other as you have demonstrated. Thanks again!
    Take Care All !

Comment

Big Kahuna,
      Thanks for the kind words. If I run across another one, it's yours, but there are only 2 HD's in my area and there are only 2 chances of finding any more- "slim" and "none"
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Big Kahuna,

I may get over to my local HD tomorrow, if you want I will look and see if they still have the one I saw last weekend. Let me know if you still want it and I'll pick it up for you. you pay cost of riser extension plus shipping from ZIP 08302.

Comment

Well, Since you guys have only been waiting a couple of months on your riser kit and I have been waiting 4 going on 5 months I hope my name is near the top of the list before they run out again if they ever get them. Seriously if you find what other riser kit will fit Please keep us informed. I had already bought the blades to use with the riser.

Comment

Bob D,
            Yes, I would love for you to get the riser for me if you would be so kind and I will gladly pay the freight etc. Let me know. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from ordertree and they said it would be 2-4 weeks but from what I have been reading on this site, I may just be getting a lip service from somebody who doesn't know any better. Anyway, if you could check on it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Bob D,
              Yes, I would love for you to get the riser for me if you would be so kind and I will gladly pay the freight etc. Let me know. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from ordertree and they said it would be 2-4 weeks but from what I have been reading on this site, I may just be getting a lip service from somebody who doesn't know any better. Anyway, if you could check on it for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Big K,

OK, next time I am over there I will look for it. Might not be until Wednesday though. I had planned to go Sunday but the WX here was terrible so stayed home and played around in the shop

I'll be in touch and let you know if it's still there, in which case I will buy it for you.

Comment

Thanks Bob D! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Just a thought here, but seeing the trouble Woody has had with resawing and the motor not wanting to go while the blade is under high tension, perhaps the blocks are on permanent hold? I mean, if there are warranty issues for motors that go along with riser blocks, then maybe it makes sense to not sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike3206:
                      Just a thought here, but seeing the trouble Woody has had with resawing and the motor not wanting to go while the blade is under high tension, perhaps the blocks are on permanent hold? I mean, if there are warranty issues for motors that go along with riser blocks, then maybe it makes sense to not sell them.
                      I'd agree with you Mike except for one unknown ____ just how many warranty issues we talking about? If it is many-then they best put all on hold until sorted out IMO and maybe you correct.
                      I've heard of similar resawing issues with several vendors in last 10 years and not sure what was motor vs over-tension vs other factors.
                      I admit to having a hard time following this thread and fully understanding it all - it's long and some posts seem to discuss on other forums also so I get it all confused

[ 01-20-2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: ChipMaker ]

Comment

This is the first time I've heard of such a thing. Been surfing the sites for about 4 months now. No ten years to look back on here.

Jake

Comment

Big K,

Got to HD today, sorry to tell you the riser block is gone. I asked and the guy who regularly works the tool department took a look around and couldn't find it. He then checked in the computer and found out it was sold 3 days ago. Sorry I didn't get over there sooner but it is not on my way to/from work, it's 18 miles in the other direction. I did see someone posted yesterday or the day before that supposedly the riser blocks were going to be available again soon, so maybe they will start showing up in a store near you.

Comment

Bob D,
                            Thanks for looking into it for me. I appreciate your time and efforts. Thanks to two other considerate fellow wood workers (Lorax & Woody)I have one on its way to me as I type this response. Looking forward to setting it up and having at it. Thanks again to all and I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                            X