Other tool forum spam is getting annoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other tool forum spam is getting annoying

First, on 3/23, Andrew75 tries to disguise a spam post about his website as something new and gets criticized by me and others as well. Then on the very next day, 3/24, his partner, buctooth, places another post doing exactly the same thing.

I would gump these guys if this board had that capability, but apparently it doesn't.

So, enough already. We all know about your website and anyone who is interested can go there.

[ 03-26-2005, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: RobH ]

just trying to adverise our forum. Sorry I offended you. All's I know is that everyone that has joined is happy with it. Our posts weren't meant to be spam.
    <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

That's fine if everyone who joined you is happy.
      You posted here once about your new forum, that is enough. It is a low class thing to keep trolling for new people on someone elses site. If your signature has your website address that is onething, continually posting for new people is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by buctooth:
        All's I know is that everyone that has joined is happy with it.
        You can't make that claim any longer. Your complete lack of respect for this forum and its members has caused me to no longer be very happy with your site. Whether you "meant" to spam or not can be debated all day long but my guess is that you know what spam is and also knew exactly what you were doing.
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Badgerdave,
          Your signature line is ironic in this topic. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I know. I don't know why Andrew posted it twice.
            I'm sorry about that.
            I'm sorry that I was inconsiderate of the people here. I hope you will forgive me.

[ 03-27-2005, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: buctooth ]
            <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

I can understand why you guys are mad at me. I would be too, and I am mad at myself for doing this to this forum. I don't want to make this bad mistake again.

Comment

Oh well, the GUMP gave away RobH as a woodnetter, so his opinion doesn't matter anyway. Dave, changed your mind in a hurry, huh. Darin, your only 2 posts to this forum are right here slamming someone else. I guess none of you ever made any mistakes when you were 13 either. The boys started this other forum because of people like you when they tried to get info from other sites.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Dan, you have a PM.
                  I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I think the young men heard it now! Words can hurt more than a blast upside your head and change a person's life for a long time. They are just trying to build something. you had your say now let them be. If you want some I am here!!!
                    I love there forum,got some real folks and friends in the place they built.

Be safe out there.

Bob B.

[ 03-28-2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                    Be safe out there folks
                    Bob B
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Hi Darin I can get low class like you,you wana dance,go find a wife, who the heck are you,to come in here talking about folks like that,you dont even know! times are tough I Would be pleasd to dance with you and show you the moves.
                      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                      Be safe out there folks
                      Bob B
                      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

You guys slammed Buctooth pretty hard didn't you? Hey, maybe you were just having a bad day. I think posting of his forum was certainly done with good intentions, and with no disrepect to this fourum or its participants. If you thought it a bit too often, perhaps just a friendly note to him would have served the purpose you intended.

The site referance that he has posted here, is by no means self serving and if you've visited there, you'd see that both Buctooth and Andrew have made an effort to provide a forum that is not product-based. It doesn't take anything away from any other forum, including Ridgid's. The results are a forum that is both fun and informative and without the temperament that is sometimes evident here.

But obviously his reduntant posting inflamed your sensitivities and for that he has graciously apologized. I can only imagine how you must feel about all the other redundant postings and occasional spam that hits this forum every week. Perhaps now you will feel inspired to police all of those.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
                          ... The boys started this other forum because of people like you when they tried to get info from other sites.
                          You should really get your facts straight before making absurd comments like the one above.

I check all of the postings by both Andrew75 and buctooth on Woodnet. Andrew75 has numerous postings promoting their website, but has never asked for information about any subject.

Buctooth also has postings promoting their website, but he has asked for information on three occasions. And each time he received very helpful and courteous responses from Woodnet members.

If you are going to make comments critical of others, then please have some basis for it. Otherwise, don't make the comments.

RobH

[ 03-29-2005, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: RobH ]

Comment

By the way RobH, Ridgid DOES have a GUMP button and I just used it for the first time. BYE BYE
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Guys: Lets quit beating this dog and let it die. The boys made a mistake and hopefully learned from it.

I admire both of the young fellas for what they've done on their site. As I think back to when I was 13, this minor infraction of forum manners is pretty mild in comparison.

I think we should be encouraging our youth, not putting them down.

Lets get back to talking about making sawdust!!

Woodrat

Comment

Working...
                              X