X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Spreader

The manual indicates the spreader should be 1/8 in. from the blade, mine is 1/4 in. I undid the blade guard alignment screws to get the spreader aligned with the blade (per Figs. 36/37), however that didn't seem to allow the spreader to move up & down. Is the 1/4 in. a safety issue and if so how do I move the spreader up/down?

Re: R4511 Spreader

Anyone?

Comment

When you installed the spreader, did you pull on the silver knob?

The knob loosens the spreader bolt, but I found you might need to pull the knob too to make enough room for the spreader to fall completely into the slot.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        When you installed the spreader, did you pull on the silver knob?

The knob loosens the spreader bolt, but I found you might need to pull the knob too to make enough room for the spreader to fall completely into the slot.

-Chris
        I think I tried that when I first installed, but maybe should give it another shot. Thx. It's cutting fine as is though.

Comment

I also have 1/4" clearance between the splitter and blade. I ensured that the splitter is completely seated in the mount by pulling out on the splitter mount bolt. I aquired a riving knife from the Steel City saw. The riving knife has 5/8" clearance to the blade!! The riving knife sits well above the blade making it impossible to make through cuts. I've aligned the splitter/ riving knife using the adjustment screws but this only seems to rotate the splitter mount and not allow an up and down adjustment. Does anyone know if an adjustment exists to correct this?
          Last edited by slicksleeve; 07-12-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X