X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractor style Rigid Table Saw

I am looking at the new Rigid table saw, model 3650. I was wondering how how many thumbs up I can get before buying. I haven't seen one, but most reviews are very good. I'm worried about the bulky fence system - what ever happened to the steel bars?? Now there are massive aluminum fences and guides... just wondering how easy they were to use, how much they got in the way due to size, and how stable it was during a cut. I've never been a huge fan of the Beyesmier systems. Any comments on the saw?? Thanks!!

Re: Contractor style Rigid Table Saw

Check the "reviews" forum here. There's a lot of comments on the 3650, including a review and follow up from me. In short, I've had mine for quite some time now and it's proven to be a great performer and trouble free.

I don't hear many negative comments on the Biesemeyer system. Most people that have used one love it, it is so smooth, accurate and stable. I have a Biese in addition to the Rigid fence. Both work very well. I don't find the Ridgid fence to be bulky at all. To the contrary, I find it to be very convenient to operate and, being all aluminum, lightweight. The rails are a maybe a bit longer than most saws but then again that buys you a 36" rip capacity. Overall the Ridgid fence is positive and very smooth to operate.

Not sure there are a lot of 3650s left. It's discontinued. It's replacement, the 3660, was basically the same thing with some changes to the stand. That one is discontinued, too. The current saw is the 4511 which is more a "hybrid" saw than a traditional contractor's saw. The motor is enclosed rather than hanging out the back as it does in a 3650 or other contractors saw. This has some real advantages including much better dust collection. Unfortunately, on the 4511 Ridgid decided to give us a granite top instead of a cast iron one. Some like it, but quite a few here (me included) are not fans of this top - fear of chipping, and no magnetic surface for accessories being my biggest complaints.

Comment

Shoot, I love my saw. But due to certain situations, I may have to sell mine. I give my saw 2 thumbs up and I have used many, many saws in my life time, many......
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I have the 3650 and absolutly love it. It was spot on out of the box and the fence is as smooth and accurate as a baby's a**.
        If you can find one still in the box, great. I imagine the 3660 is as good, if not even better.
        I love granite as a work surface, but I agree without being able to use magnetism at times, I would not go that route.

Comment

You shouldn't be concerned about any of the concerns you mentioned. Throughout its life, the various versions of the RIDGID Contractor Saw have all pretty much received very positive reviews.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i like mine. i think the fence is pretty nice compared to some ive seen.

Comment

Working...
            X