Ridgid TS2410LS (Dado insert)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS2410LS (Dado insert)

I purchased my saw yesterday from Home Depot.. I also purchased a Freud 8 inch Dado set.. At home I read my manual and it stated the saw is rated for a 6 inch dado set.. Home depot doesn't carry the 6 inch set.. Will I burn the saw up using the 8 inch set? Also does anyone know if the AC1040 is the correct dado throat plate to order for this saw? This is what the manual calls for but the saw is not listed when trying to order Online.. Thanks for any Help

Re: Ridgid TS2410LS (Dado insert)

I don't know for sure if this is the case but there could be some internal clearance issues if you were to use the 8" dado set. The heavier 8" set will surely tax the motor much more than a 6" set would. Its been my experience that those who write the manuals for legitimate manufacturers more times than not know what they are talking about so I usually follow their suggestions.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks Badger Dave, I figured that I needed to get the 6 inch Dado.. any suggestions on brand.. the Freud 6 inch is around 85.00 but don't really like the plastic spacers.. Also any good sites for ordering a set?
      Thanks again for the response..

Mike

Comment

I've got a 6" Freud and it doesn't have any plastic spacers.

Paid in the neighborhood of $90

Comment

If you don't need a set right away keep an eye on Amazon for the Freud SD206 set. I bought mine there for $65 delivered when it was on special. IIRC, Amazon has had this set priced at that price at least once a year for the last several years.

This magnetic shim set that Grizzly sells has worked nicely for me.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
          X