X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Assembly Instructions

Just bought the 4511 and I was putting it together yesterday evening and realized, whomever was in charge of making the assembly instructions should be fired. The labels on the bags of bolts don't cross reference to the instructions at all. They are labeled figure A, B, C, and so on and there is no figure A, B, C, in the instructions. Furthermore there is not an illustrated parts breakdown for anything. I am an electronics technician and work on million dollar aircraft. If I am having problems deciphering the instructions I wonder how they rest of the world is doing.

Re: R4511 Assembly Instructions

Originally posted by cowboyup_again View Post
    Just bought the 4511 and I was putting it together yesterday evening and realized, whomever was in charge of making the assembly instructions should be fired. The labels on the bags of bolts don't cross reference to the instructions at all. They are labeled figure A, B, C, and so on and there is no figure A, B, C, in the instructions. Furthermore there is not an illustrated parts breakdown for anything. I am an electronics technician and work on million dollar aircraft. If I am having problems deciphering the instructions I wonder how they rest of the world is doing.
    They are all reading this thread : http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25089

Seriously though, I agree the lack of cross referencing for parts was a pain in the butt. Most of the helpful docs in the thread I referred to were created (literally) 2 days after I assembled my saw. But, the results were definitely worth it, so it was only a little temporary pain.

Comment

Well, that helps. Thanks. That dude should still get fired or have his pocket protector taken away for a week or so!

Comment

The biggest problem is that the included booklet titled "Ridgid R4511 Repair Sheet" is actually an integral part of the assembly instructions. The parts bag's letters refer to the diagrams in the Repair Sheet booklet. They should have titled the booklet "Ridgid R4511 Assembly Diagrams".

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveWoodWork View Post
          The biggest problem is that the included booklet titled "Ridgid R4511 Repair Sheet" is actually an integral part of the assembly instructions. The parts bag's letters refer to the diagrams in the Repair Sheet booklet. They should have titled the booklet "Ridgid R4511 Assembly Diagrams".

Dave

That would make too much sense.

Comment

Working...
          X