X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...

I got to open my fathers day gifts. Back in May I bought a Rigid 13" planer (the grey one)and a Osc/Spindle sander(grey one also). Yesterday I finally got to take them out of the box and set them up. So I take a peice of wooden pallet material that I brought home from work and run it through the planer on both sides. Then I show it to my wife and she floored me by saying "Well now you need a Biscuit Jointer so you can make me some furniture." Man I love my wife.

And did I mention that I payed $150 for the planer, and $99. for the sander. Both NIB.

[ 08-08-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Cuj0HD ]
    Jeff

Nobody likes a bragger! Great deals. Do hope you pulled the nails from that pallet wood first. Otherwise, you may notice some problems with your planner. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Dave

Comment

hey, this leads me to a good question:
      i can get one thing, jointer or planner - which one should i buy? what is the best buy?
      thanks
      Mick Chambers<br />Keller TX<br />buyukan@yahoo.ca

Comment

Jointer! While you can get S4S or S2S wood, you'll always need a good, square edge for glue-ups. Besides, a planner isn't much good without a jointer anyway, because if you're milling up rough lumber, you have to face joint on side first---a planer won't do it.
        Dave

Comment

Sorry Dave, I just couldn't help myself on that one.

And Mick,
          I have to agree with Dave on this, while I do most of my edge work on my table saw, If you are going to be doing any glueups then a jointer is a definite must.

Jeff
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X