X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Rail Holder wrong

I am finishing up the assembly on my new r4511 and the holes for the front rail holder don't line up with the holes on the table top. They are off 1.5 inches on each hole. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Front Rail Holder wrong

Are you sure you are using the countersunk holes to line it up? There are 2 extra holes that allow adjustment of the set screws on the fence while the fence is installed. The countersunk holes are for mounting to the table extensions.

I just measured my fence rail and the holes are:

1-3/4" in from each end, and 8-1/2" distance between them (on center)

-Chris

Comment

Oh yeah...They are way off. I hope they will send me a new one or something. Check these pics out you can see that the machinist was high! You know I have had so many problems with the craftsmanship of my saw up to this point, it makes me no want to buy another ridgid product.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ouch, that IS really off.

Another person on teh forums had quite a bit of troubling issues with his machine. it turned out to be a REALLY early build, and the HD he bought from had no problem swapping for a whole new unit.

Whats the date code on yours? Should be CD followed by a series of digits (which we think represent year and week of year it was built).

Comment

CD 0913. I would think this is a recently new machine. I just bought it last week. I can't take it back to home depot because it is so heavy and that is a pain in the butt. I think they should ship the part to me. What do yall think?

Comment

They might ship it, or not (I know its heavy).

call the HD you bought it from and tell them whats up, and see if they can open a new one and just swap parts. I actually did that with my main table top and left extension because of chips/not lining up. Not sure if you can get to the fence parts without taking apart the steel crate, but depending on how nice your HD is they might help you out.

Step after that would be call Ridgid, and if that doesnt pan out get back on HDs case and tell them you want a new part swap or you want them to replace the whole thing by delivering you a new one.

CD0913 is definitely a pretty new saw! Week 13 of 09. Early April build I think.
            Last edited by chrisexv6; 07-04-2009, 09:00 AM. Reason: Re-ordered steps to take :)

Comment

Get Home Depot to do a free replacement delivery and pickup. Tell them that they owe it. Talk to the manager directly. If they say no, call up HD customer service or email them. They owe you a delivery for sure. U don't want to break ur back doing this. If it is a older date, then u have no idea what else is wrong. As well, get a newer one.

Comment

I am having problems with my fence. I called Ridged and they shipped me a new one. They should be able to do the same for you. But if you cold get the local HD to exchange it, you would not have to wait for it.

Comment

My local HD is 60 miles away. I had a buddy whom works in the area pick it up for me. So returning it myself isn't an option because I have no truck, and I doubt that HD will pick up mine and drop off a new one from that far away. So I guess I am going to have to call Ridgid, Huh? Anyone have any buddies at Ridgid?

Comment

If it was mine I'd just skip it all together and buy my own piece so that I could get a one piece rail with an extended cutting range.

I'd probably make them supply the proper rail, but you can search this site for some mods others have done to put on their own fence rails.

Comment

Where do they find an extended front rail?

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup_again View Post
                        Where do they find an extended front rail?
                        I actually made an extended rail. Id sell it to you for material + shipping costs but its probably a killer on shipping (63" long....PM me and Ill at least try to get a shipping estimate). The one I made is long enough to support a router table, and I added 3 extra drilled/countersunk holes so you could bolt it right to the extended rail.

Its just 2x2 equal leg angle, but then you have to drill and countersink the 4 holes that bolt to the saw and then you have to drill all the holes for the fence itself to bolt to it. Its not a LOT of work, but its somewhat time consuming.

Comment

This is what I just emailed to Ridgid customer service. We will see what happens and I will keep everyone up to date.

I recently purchased a r4511 table saw from the Home Depot in Jacksonville, NC. This store is 60 miles away from where I live in Havelock, NC. When I began putting my saw together I not only was disgusted with the assembly instructions but the rail for my fence was improperly manufactured. The holes don't line up at all. Since then I have discussed it on your forum and was advised to contact you all. I am adding a link to my thread that has pictures as well. Since the saw is so new I have yet to register it through the mail but will be glad to give you the required information. My name is Nathaniel Benischek and my address is:

117 Secretariat Dr.
                          Havelock, NC 28532

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26584

Above is the link to the thread on your forum.
                          Please advise on how we plan on fixing this. Thank you very much.

Sincerely
                          Nathaniel Benischek

Comment

Well, I tried to email that to them but their email form doesn't work....Why is that not surprising!!!! I am quickly learning to dislike this company. Will someone please try and send them an email through their website and let me know if it is my computer? It will not let me type in the main body portion of the form.

Comment

I used FireFox and had no problem entering text in the body field. I then tried Safari and had no luck. I stay away from Internet Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X