X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Dust Collection

I have a fairly new TS3660 and it doesn't do a very good job with dust collection. I have it attached to a 1 HP Penn Industries vacuum. Does everyone else have this problem? Any work arounds?

Re: TS3660 Dust Collection

Are you using a zero clearance throat plate or the one that came with the saw? If your getting too much sawdust on the top of your saw, a ZCI will help with that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes I am using a zero clearance insert.

Comment

Can you be a little more specific about what exactly it is about the dust collection that you'd like to improve, i.e., where is the dust located, table top...., floor......, inside the cabinet? Also, if you use the Search feature at the top of the page and use "3660 dust collection" as your search subject I'm sure you'll find that there are quite a few threads dealing with this subject. One or more of them should have an idea or two that will appeal to you.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with BadgerDave, do a search you will find several post on enclosing the back and bottom of the saw. If you don't post again and I'll find them and post the links, little too busy right now to do it I'm in the middle of repairing the fridge, took a little break...Pat

Comment

It seems that dust comes from both top and bottom. It is unfortunate that the dust collection system on a new saw has to be modified like my old open bottom bottomed saw. Such is life.

When you guys modify your saws do you remove the shroud around the blade or do you leave it in place?

Comment

Originally posted by ron9876 View Post
              It seems that dust comes from both top and bottom. It is unfortunate that the dust collection system on a new saw has to be modified like my old open bottom bottomed saw. Such is life.

When you guys modify your saws do you remove the shroud around the blade or do you leave it in place?
              All these Qs have been asked and answered in previous posts. You would do well to take a minute an d search the forums for them and you'll have your answers right away, many times with pictures.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

it has nothing to do with the 3660, poor dust collection is simply a trait of all contractor saws

i find my shop vac hooked to the dust port does a good job catching most of the dust but i still get quite a bit on top of the saw

Comment

Unless you have some sort of overhead dust collection, all saws will get sawdust on the top. Remember, we are sawing wood so we are going to have dust. I also have a 1 HP DC and when I use a converter to hook into the dust port on the 3650 it seemed so chocked and I still got a lot of dust under the saw. My solution was to close off the bottom with 1/4 inch ply and add a 4 inch port. I placed it right in line with the dust port on the saw so the saw dust just dumps into the port. I get much better suction and my floor is cleaner. I will just vaccum out the saw when the buildup gets to high.

Comment

Working...
                  X