Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Bevel Adjust problem

TS3650 Bevel Adjust problem

I recently squared my blade to the miter slots by adjusting the six trunnion bolts. That worked okay but now the blade will only tilt to about 35 degrees. The bevel lock is loose. Everything seems clean enough. The 45 degree stop isn't in the way. There's a section on page 44 of the OPERATORS MANUAL "TO ADJUST THE BEVEL ADJUSTING HANDWHEEL." It says to "tighten or loosen" a couple screws behind the handwheel to adjust the bearing retainer. They seemed tight so I loosened them until they were sloppy but the wheel still gets too hard to turn at 35 degrees. Any ideas?

BTW: I've had the saw for a year and half and like it so much I've filled my shop with Ridgid power tools: planer, drill press, belt/spindle sander, router, portable drill, even a shop vac. This is the first time I've been stumped.

ooops I just found another thread on this subject: "Binding on the 3650 when tilting." Trouble is, I'm still stumped. I'll move this to that thread. Moderator, feel free to delete this post, I couldn't see how to delete it.
    Last edited by howardreplogle; 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM.
Working...
X