X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3612 and No Blade Height Lock

I am just about to purchase a TS 3612 for my RIDGID home workshop, but just read a review from a reliable publication stating that it shouldn't be considered because the 3612 has no blade height lock. Does anyone out there find this to be true....or a problem??
    Otherwise, I may have to consider a JET 10" Supersaw with enclosed motor. Also, has anyone found the exposed motor on the 3612 a problem.
    Thank you in advance for any replies....

Go for the TS3612 saw! Use the search feature and key in blade height lock. All responses I have read in many postings say that it is totally unneeded. As with most adjustments like this you should move up to your desired setting rather than down to it. The contractor saw motor arrangement does have a few penalties such as moving it around as it makes it more than a few inches deeper. It makes you have to be a little more creative when making an outfeed table. I will yield the floor to those more experienced.

Comment

A blade height lock? Your worried about a blade height lock? It's a totally unnecessary feature. Just like a t-slot miter track, not only is this feature useless but I think it's dangerous!
      One important feature that the Ridgid tools have that nobody else has is a life time warranty.
      Would you buy a car with a life time warranty? You sure would! And so would I! Your never going to find the "perfect tool" that has every little feature imaginable. I have had my TS2412 for about 8~9 months, and I must say I am TOTALLY HAPPY with it. So happy with it that I bought the Ridgid JP0610 jointer this summer. And again, I'm glad I did. Did I mention the Life Time Warranty? Buy the TS3612. Use the TS3612. One little "feature" is not going to make you a better woodworker. My ยข.02.
      John
      Eastchester, NY

Comment

but I think it's dangerous!

Inquiring minds want to know, John... Please tell why you think a blade height lock is dangerous.

Not needed for sure, the machine is -designed- to not have one.

Dave

Comment

Actually, it's a t-slot miter track I think is dangerous, not the blade height lock. Hang part of the miter gauge off the table and start a cut? - no way.
          John
          Eastchester, NY
          "He who is not just a little bit scared of his power tools, we call stubby."

Comment

Oh, I misunderstood. Thanks.

Dave

Comment

Hey Dave-Good to see you back. Were you on vacation or just up past your arm pits in alligators ??

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X