X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here

Hello fellow woodworkers. I'm new to this board and hope that you don't mind if I ask some dumb questions from time to time. I have been working with wood since I was about 12 years old and I am now 54 (I hate to admit that). I do alot of rustic woodworking with saplings and natural wood and also build tables, shelves and such. I would consider myself more of a woodbutcher than a woodworker, but I try. My wife bought me a new TS3650 and I am looking forward to using it for years to come.

Wow! I'm not the only one here that started (or is starting) young! I am 13.
    <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

Welcome Cobalt

Comment

I just wish I would have started younger instead of being 32 and just starting out. I can't imagine the tools that I would have by now if I would have put more time and money in to them then some of the other silly things I spent money on.

Welcome and good luck.
        Character is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

I don't think your ever too young to start working with wood Buc. One thing I have learned is, always think before you do, its called "Risk Accessment" and it has always worked for me.
          Jaan, thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

Comment

Welcome Cobaltbluz!

[ 04-06-2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Originally posted by Cobaltbluz: My wife bought me a new TS3650
              Does she have a sister?

BTW Welcome !!
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Ahh, Cobalt, those Southern Belles are great!! And Buctooth FYI I got my first sliver when I was about six (now 73) and I am still getting them.(have all my fingers,though) I saw on these forums that you and your buddy took some heat about your website, but I just thought I would let you know that I, for one, would rather see that than see something in the paper about your meth lab. Keep up the good work. (I enjoy your site)

Comment

Hey cobalt, ar you making log funiture? I'm planning on doing some for our new cabin. Do you use a tenon cutting tool chucked up in a drill or the tenon cutter using a router? What sizes do you find most useful?
                  Welcome aboard,
                  Chiz
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

ironhat, I do make log furniture and I use the 1/2 inch and 1 inch tenon cutters on my drill. I have found that these two do pretty much anything that you need when building furniture. I also use a drawknife to debark the logs and find that it works great. I live in a log home that I built and this type of furniture fits right in. Good luck.

Comment

Glad one more person here enjoys my site. Doesn't seem like too many people here do.
                      <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

Sorry, buctooth, but your link just takes me to a web building page - even after rigistering. don't see anything else that looks like a portal to personal sites. I'm doing someting wrong!
                        Chiz
                        Later,
                        Chiz

Comment

ironhat, I had to copy the link and paste it.

Comment

buctooth has an error in his sig line. The URL link behind it is not the same as the text. It's missing his name at the end.

~~Spunky-Monkey~~
                            ~~Spunky-Monkey~~ <br /> [i]...just monkeyin\' around with wood.[-i]

Comment

Hello Everyone: I am new to the board and found this site while searching for how to make log furniture. I am new to this and have started to collect my tools. I have one tenon cutter and am waiting for the 2 inch. I played with the tenon cutter last night and it was neat to see the log peel like an apple peel. I am probably going to be asking questions as I get involved in log furniture making. I am going log hunting next week as I should be able to drive through the rest of the snow in the old logging roads. By the way, I should have gotten into this hobby years ago and were never too old to start LOL.
                              Rose
                              It's okay to make mistakes, just make them while nobody's looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X