X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2424 & Thinking Backwards

I'm a fairly new member here and a very new TS2424 owner. My original TS was a (blush) Ryobi BT3000. I literally wore it out. One replacement motor and the raise/lower system quit. So, having researched(what I should have done five years ago), I bought a TS2424. I won't bore you with the raves.
    I just finished cutting picture frame stock. The left tilt blew me away! Wish someone had a camera to get the looks of befuddlement on my face as I tried to go from right brain to left brain. Didn't want to make too many mistakes with the maple and purpleheart stock. Finally started registering that if I thought upsidedown and backwards, things would go pretty well. This is the first time I have really used the tilt since I bought the saw in January. The luan plywood zero clearance insert worked well, will be better with tape shims. And the raise/lower direction is also backwards. Actually, on this saw, it is right; I have to adjust my thinking again. Wish I'd bought it years ago!
    Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Mac
    Welcome to the forum. And congrats on the 2424. It's a great saw! There are a lot of good people here and all are willing to share what knowledge they have. Dave [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome K.L.

Jake

Comment

Working...
      X