X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Scraps

Are carpet remnants good for anything besides padding sawhorses?

Re: Carpet Scraps

How large are the scraps? You may want to put one in the bottom of a toolbox to keep tools from banging so loud or to help protest them. You may find a scrap nice for if you need to crawl under your car/truck. Get inventive and you'll find uses for them. Now if you want to get rid of them and you can't stand your neighbors, put them on top of the grill (old junker) and burn them up. STINKO time LOL

Comment

The neighbors are replacing their carpet and the scraps are variable in size. I've used them to pad the bottom of things I didn't want to scrape the floor. I was just wondering if there was some application I hadn't thought of.

Comment

I use them for floor pads (hardwood) should I need to move/slide anything. Close knap works best and you have to make sure you haven't picked up any debris that might scratch.

I also use a few piecs or a large piece if you have it, on the assembly table. Keeps from getting dings in a surface that is already sanded.

CWS

Comment

What I like it a good big piece to sit on when working on something low to the floor. Just get inventive. I think you'll find all kinds of things you can use them for. Do be sure they are clean before bringing any inside. There's nothing much worse than to have to deal with carpet with flea eggs in it when they hatch out.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll "harvest" a few pieces and give some a try.

Comment

It seems like they might come in handy for lining the bed of a truck (not at all times,but just with certain loads) if you dont want your paint scratched, or whatever item that you load scratched.

Our laundry room is in the garage and of course, our floors in the garage are cement. Remnants are great for that!
              Last edited by cbj10206; 07-21-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

We just moved to a smaller house, so space is at a premium. I put a scrap piece (shag/nap side down) on top of my dryer. I put whatever tools and odds and ends that need to go back outside to my workshop there untill I get around to it. Please don't respond about the fire hazards- I'm fully aware...Another use for scrap carpets: if you can find the ones with the rubber bottom, they make excellent non-skid mats for sanding.

Comment

I carry a square of carpet that is kinda premade in that size, so you can kinda lay it in a room like tile, its about 2x2.
                  I use it to protect the floor from me, and to catch any nasty drippings off my sewer cable. Set tools on it, kneel on it to keep knees clean, just about everything I do I can put it to work.

Comment

Carpets have are not helpful for just padding
                    many more applications are there eg:
                    A good old carpet can be torn out into
                    small pieces and could be used as waist
                    cloth.
                    ingwer

Comment

I use them on my assembly table. You can slide your project around with out damage. Just make sure they are clean!

Red
                      Red

Comment

I used a few pieces to wrap a scratch post for one of my cats that is not de-clawed. Unfortunately, the de-clawed cat is the one who scratches it. The one with the claws still prefers the garage's door frame.
                        In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I lined the bottom of my Knaacks.

Comment

Working...
                          X