X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldham blades any good?

What's the general feeling about Oldham blades? I was in Sears today and found their Signature Series 10" - 50T Combo blade on sale for $19.99 (was already marked down to $39.98, then get another 50% off at the register).

Looking on Amazon they are listed at close to $50. I found reference to Oldham being bought by Black & Decker (http://www.justsawblades.com/oldham/) , anyone know about this?

I was thinking of purchasing the blade. At less than $20, it seems like a deal as long as its not damaged (bent or other damage), which I wouldn't be able to determine until I got it home and mounted on the saw. This blade3 comes with a stabilizer too.

[ 12-23-2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Hi Bob - I read mainly good things about the better Oldham line, and mainly bad things about the line HD carries (the ones in the yellow plastic). The 60T Oldham blade I had was from HD and ot was just aweful...no better than my $5 Big Lots blade. Sorry I can't give first hand advice on the one you're looking at, but here are a couple of Epinions reviews:

Oldham 40T

Oldham 50T combo

[ 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Generally Oldham blades are regarded as average at best. I'd pay $20 for that blade and use it as a general knockaround blade for instances where I don't want to punish one of my good blades. Would I pay $50 or even $40 for it?...........No
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X