X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 inch Planer question

Does anyone know if Ridgid (or anyone else) makes wheel system for the Planer? I have to carry it outside my workshop to use it and it is damn heavy! thanks.
    John

Re: 13 inch Planer question

I got one for my Dewalt from Amazon.com. I will be wheeling outside in few minutes to plane a bunch of Cedar. Couldn't get along without it since its a 92 pounder.

Big G

Comment

DeWalt has a real nice one, it's their Model #7350. I have one and its one solid stand. The link I provided from Amazon was for info purposes only. A little hunting around the web and you should be able to find one for less money than Amazon wants.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        DeWalt has a real nice one, it's their Model #7350. I have one and its one solid stand. The link I provided from Amazon was for info purposes only. A little hunting around the web and you should be able to find one for less money than Amazon wants.
        http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/D...=2&cvsfp=74100

Comment

Another option is for you to simply build one. You can make a frame with 2x4. lumber and 3/4 plywood. You then can user larger and easier to roll casters...I actually prefer a 4 caster system. The three caster pivot design is not the easiest to steer.

The casters on the DeWalt cart are very small and often clog with debris. The front foot lever for the single caster is a 10" tripping hazard! I have the bruises to prove it!

The low ground clearance makes the cart somewhat unfriendly going over door thresholds with a heavy planer mounted on it.

I went to the Amazon site and observed you can place that foot pedal inside..I'll be doing that today.

With a home made cart you can make it any comfortable height and provide an enclosed storage area.

The DeWalt cart is indeed a heavy duty cart and will nicely support just about any planer. When planing long boards by yourself you can feel confident as the board moves through the machine the cart won't tip over from the side!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by backmax View Post
            Does anyone know if Ridgid (or anyone else) makes wheel system for the Planer? I have to carry it outside my workshop to use it and it is damn heavy! thanks.
            John
            I have a mobile cabinet similar to this: http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00...arpen=1&qlt=75.
            It works very well and I found one on sale for around $90.00 2 years ago. Sears has quite a selection and runs sales often.
            After loading the drawers with various tools/supplies, it is not top heavy either. Locking casters on one end also do keep it in place and stable.
            Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

I did something similar to what Cactusman suggested. Because I have a small shop my planer, belt sander and mortising machine live on a bench. I had a stand that I modified to be the height of the storage bench. When I need one of the machines I slide it from the bench to the stand. Unfortunately I wasn't forward thinking enough to install casters on the stand so I drag it across the floor. Installation of casters to the stand is one of those 'someday' projects that I don't think about until I use it.

Comment

I put my DW planer on the Ridgid Miter Saw Mobile stand. Mine is the older version of this
                http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...10000003+90401

It works great! The wheels are big enough to go over thresholds and don't gunk up.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                X