X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glue stain on tablesaw

I recently did a small glue-up job and used my tablesaw because of its flatness. The next day I found that squeeze-out on the bottom had stained my tabletop through the sheet of waxed paper. It isn't raised or on top of the surface and it isn't rust. I have steel-wooled and waxed it but the stain isn't coming out. Is this a possible problem? Also, what in yellow glue (Titebond for internal use) would stain?

zip
    zipk@chenowith.k12.or.us
    Think Highly, Feel Deeply , Speak Plainly

That's a good question. I may need to do some checking into what would cause Titebond to stain cast iron. If I had to guess I would say that since Titebond is a water based glue, what you've got is a water stain. Not a rust mark but a black water stain. I am going to go try this with a old test bed saw thats around here and see what happens.

Comment

Jake,
      I was just curious if you'd had an opportunity to try the glue job on the tablesaw and what the resulting "stain" may be and if it may cause problems later?
      Think Highly, Feel Deeply , Speak Plainly

Comment

I have had some moisture problems with my shop when it first fired up. I have several stains on the surface of the saw but they fo not hinder production.
        I regularly use a 5" ra sander with 220 grit on the tops then I wax them with Johnson's paste wax.
        Yeah I know some don't like that but it works well for me. If I have to use it on a material that the wax will cause trouble on later, I just remove it with a little solvent. When I am done, I sand and rewax. No big deal. The added benefit has been repeated sandings over time have REALLY polished the top up.

Comment

i have used a product called Lift-Off to remove stains form the table www.liftoffinc.com it did the job.

Comment

Working...
          X