X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Model 100 RAS

If anyone has a model 100 they are restoring and you are looking for parts, I might know a place to get one from someone who is ready to toss one out. It was up for sale in a yardsale and may or may not still be there.

Its was in decent shape when I looked at it yesterday but I don't know if it runs or not.

Here's what a model 100 looks like.
    http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?ID=4184

I realize there is not much chance someone is looking for this but the 50s & early 60s model are getting scarce.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Craftsman Model 100 RAS

I have one exactly like that if someone was interested also. Same gold color.

Comment

I have a Model 113 I'm getting ready to toss

Click image for larger version

Name:	b8a85ca7a262aa787eaac302db25e5e7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	7672

Comment

I've got a 220100 (I guess that's a 220?) my brother-in-law asked me to "store" for him. What tasks will a RAS do that a TS won't? Some of the adjustments seemed less than precise when I was setting it up after moving it. Is the comparison a matter of stability and accuracy?

Comment

I was by again earlier this evening and the one I saw is gone.
          Guess it had more appeal than I thought. Of course it was marked
          "Free to Good Home" so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was tempted to pick it up but the last thing I needed hanging around
          the house is another power tool, especially one that does not work.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

radial arm saws were apparently once marketed as a "shop in a box". with accessories and creativity, there is almost nothing it can't do, including crosscutting, ripping, drilling, routing, molding, buffing, wire brushing, grinding, sanding, etc. however, over time, it has been supplanted by the 10 and 12" miter saw, which, except for large units like the ridgid sliding dual bevel compound miter saw, are more portable than a RAS. i have a model 100, circa 1968, and, once set-up properly, it is a great crosscutting tool, handling crosscuts in excess of 14".

in using a TS and a RAS, i find the TS is better at crossscutting smaller materials and definately better at ripping. ripping is, in my opinion, an uncomfortable experience with a RAS... somthing about that blade spining above the table! i use mine where crosscutting is needed for capacities that cannot be easily accomodated on a TS, like when i made the posts for the handrail on our deck . with careful use, it rabbetted the 4x4 posts quickly and safely. and best of all, i got it for free when a neighbor put it out with a "good home" sign on it 4 years. $60 in repair parts, a $10 herc-u-lift and a $20 ridgid univeral leg stand and it is still performing.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Masww1,

I'll echo Finer's comments and add, that you won't find a better crosscutting tool for your shop. A sliding compound miter saw comes close of course, but with a permanent RAS setup in your shop, you'll wonder how you ever managed to get by with just that table saw.

Plumber'sCrack,

That RAS of your looks in fine condition and is really to new to just toss out. If I lived closer, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Mine Craftsman RAS is a 1964 and is still going strong. I would think you'd be able to pick up a $100 or so if you offered it on the local market.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                I have a Model 113 I'm getting ready to toss

Click image for larger version

Name:	b8a85ca7a262aa787eaac302db25e5e7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	7672
                PC, why would you get rid of this saw except for needing the space for another tool?

It looks to be in excellent shape and to have the upgraded guard installed.

Don't trash it and let it die. Sell it and let it live on. It's got plenty of good years in it.
                ---------------
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  PC, why would you get rid of this saw except for needing the space for another tool?

It looks to be in excellent shape and to have the upgraded guard installed.

Don't trash it and let it die. Sell it and let it live on. It's got plenty of good years in it.
                  Done with all my remodeling projects. Haven't used it in 2 years. Wife says it goes before I can buy another tool so.....

Comment

Working...
                  X