X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenoning tool

I have a 3612 and am wondering will the Delta tenoning tool fit and work on the 3612 without any modifications to the tool or tablesaw?
    Thanks for info ahead of time.

I bought the older Delta model. You will have to remove the guide bar and sand it down a bit, until it fits your miter slot. It's not hard at all--just keep it even.

Another problem, which may have changed on new models, is the setting of the face plate in relation to the saw blade (i.e. distance between the miter slot and blade). The instruction manual shows that you align it by moving the face plate over until it's touching the blade. I found a 3/4" gap when setting mine up. It's fixable by simply installing a hardwood face (3/4" thick) and making a simple, larger angle piece (backstop for the project stock being cut).

I'm sure you'll have the guidebar issue, but not sure if the slot to blade distance is still an issue. I'd just ask if you could bring back the jig if it didn't work.

It's a very worthwhile accessory to have.
    Dave

Comment

thanks again

Comment

Delta tenoning jig now has a provision for left-tilting saws, not necessary to alter or add a spacer.

Comment

WaMan--glade to hear it. Modification wasn't impossible---just a bit of a pain.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X