BS1400 Bandsaw riser kit info!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 Bandsaw riser kit info!!!

Based on the input of a forum member on another WW forum, I found out that the riser kit for the Grizzly G0555 should work on the Ridgdi bandsaws. I took a chance and ordered one for my BS1400 thatis a few years old and it worked perfect!!

The setup is easy and the block bolted right on. The kit comes with all the hardware and guards so all you need to do is have a few wrenches and you are good to go. The blades I bought were 105" and installed perfectly.

Total cost for the kit for me was about $57 including shipping. The block kit goes for $49 without the shipping and I had it in two days.

Also, there are a few things I noticed about the saw as I set it up for 12" resaw... I have cool blocks and put them right up to the blade. Works perfect. My adjusterknob kept getting stuck at 1/2" setting and I found out the nut wanted to cross thread and the threads on the bolt broke. I took it apart and lubricated verything with Boeshoield T-9 and re-assembled. It works perfect again and is very smooth. I am taking in the knob for warranty as one of the threads actuallly broks, but for now, it works fine. Boeshield T-9 seems to work great on about anything.

Thanks for the tip Mike. I have been wanting to get a riser for my bandsaw but could not bring myself to pay what Ridgid wants for thiers. I have the new orange bandsaw. Are they all the same when it comes to the riser?

Comment

The person that had installed the riser before I had posted a picture of his saw. It was indeed an oraange one. I was a bit worried because of this, but i took a chance.

Also, I had a chance to install a Timberwolf resaw blade on it over the weekend. all I can say is WOW, the saw cuts great!!

Comment

Thanks again Mike, I ordered one last night. Cant wait for it to get here. For the last 2 months I have been stopping at every Home Depot I passed hoping to find one of the clearance risers still in stock. There are a lot of them in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. You just saved me a lot of time and money

Comment

Hi, where did you order the Grizzly riser? I couldn't find it on their website. Thanks!

Comment

Thats good news, That was the only thing keeping me away from the Ridgid saw. Now I can buy it.
            Jeff

Comment

okay, finally found the right place on the Grizzly site. Just ordered the riser, can't wait to put it on! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Dusty, let us know how the riser works. If it seems like it works for you I will buy one myself! Thanks

Comment

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Installed in 30 minutes. Works great. Buy some Timberwolf or Olsen blades though (Lenox if you are independently wealthy) .

Comment

will do, I am hoping it comes before the weekend so I will have plenty of time to play with it.

Comment

Well, for some reason the riser kit that I received doesn't fit my BS14002 bandsaw. The studs on the bottom of the bandsaw line up with the holes in the riser but they are too big to fit into the holes. I don't want to void my warranty by filing the studs down so I guess I'll be sending the riser kit back to Grizzly. Anyone know how much HD sells the Ridgid riser kit for? I added the Rockler bandsaw table to my saw so now I only have about 5 inches of resaw capacity.

Comment

Working...
                      X