X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockler Miter Gauge

Anybody here use the Rockler Miter Gauge? I have been trying to decide among the Rockler, Incra V27, Woodhaven Deluxe and Osborne EB3. I know that is quite a range in price and functionality. I have been following Tim89S' thread concerning the Incras. I know several of you use and love the Incra but the x000 series just does not appeal to me. I do have a cross cut sled that I made and I have a Miter Saw but I just prefer using my TS3612. Any input?
    Alan
    My Shop

i am not familiar with the rockler gague...and if i had to choose i would likely pick the incra. however have you looked into (i hope i spell it right), the dubbie table?

ed
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Alan,

I have the Rockler miter guage with the extension package.

Personally, I like it. It has the "poker-chip" design that indexes the angles. I've found it to be extremely accurate and it did get pretty good reviews some time ago in an article to which magazine I can't remember. Also, it's pretty affordable, which is why I bought it at the time.

I use it all the time. My only complaint is that the stop block attachment is a bit wiggly.

Michael

Comment

Michael,
        Those are the reasons I am looking at it I like their fence (extension) package and the ability to do zero clearance cuts with the MDF face. Currently, I use an auxilliary wood fence with my Ridgid gauge and really like having the "indicator mark" that a zero clearance board provides. My only reservation about the Rockler is the lack of ability to set angles that are not "indexed" by the poker chip design. But, in reality, how often will I need that you know. I do like the range it provides, the fence as mentioned and the fact that there is not a bunch of "stuff" hanging off behind the gauge. I would love to have the Osborne but we are back to the zero clearance issue. Thanks for your input.
        Alan
        My Shop

Comment

Glad to be of help.

I haven't had a need to do any of the "odd" angles, but when/if I need to, I guess I'll have to go to my old miter guage and a protractor, and pray. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

Working...
          X