X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...I need 2424 Rails

OK...Lets start over...I need 2424 Rails, not 3612's . Anyone out there got a pair?
    keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

During my long search for 3612 rails, I saw a misplaced box of 2424 rails. The box said 2 of 2, so obviously 1 is missing. It could take me a little bit to figure out which Cleveland/Akron,OH area HD it is, but once I find out, I'll let you know.

Not sure if they will sell them or not since they are not a regular item sold by themselves and 1 box is missing.

Comment

I doubt you will be able to purchase box 2 by itself, there is no skew for it. Box 1 has the fence in it, along with the saw. If you have a 3612 fence, and do manage to get box 2 rails, you'll still need the fence that fits the rails. They are not interchangeable.

You can purchase the individual components from Ridgid's parts list for the tool of your choice. The complete rail and fence package is $150.

I hope this tid bit of info will help you reach your goal, in a more timely manner.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanx Woody, but I found my 3612 rails, via a Ridgid retro kit.
        My previous post was intended for Greg's Garage - thought getting the 2424 rails for him from my local HD might fix his issue.

Comment

Is there anyone who doesn't believe, right after HD does their next inventory, that we won't see a bunch of long boxes saying box 2 of 2 from Ridgid? Closeout special!
          Dave

Comment

Jonnyk, I appreciate your input and effort. At your convenience,let me know when you find those rails. I'm not concerned about the fence. I'll owe you a favor...and what ever price you negotiate for the rails.

U da man!

Comment

Greg's Garage:

No problem - should be out and about on Thursday.

I just reviewed the posts of your previous topic -are you sure you need a new set of rails? It sounded like you we going to slide your existing ones over.

Still...I will let you know what I find.

Comment

You may want to try the HD in rossford, OH. I was there recently looking for close-out specials and noticed five, yes I said five boxes of 2424 rails. When I asked if they had any 2424's left they said "oh no,have'nt had those in a long while." So maybe you'll get lucky. Here is the phone number for the Rossford store, 419-872-5516.
                If they tell you they don't have any, I'll be happy to stop in and check. Just let me know.
                Hope this helps!

Comment

You may want to try the HD in rossford, OH. I was there recently looking for close-out specials and noticed five, yes I said five boxes of 2424 rails. When I asked if they had any 2424's left they said "oh no,have'nt had those in a long while." So maybe you'll get lucky. Here is the phone number for the Rossford store, 419-872-5516.
                  If they tell you they don't have any, I'll be happy to stop in and check. Just let me know.
                  Hope this helps!

Comment

To Jonnyk...

I am going to slide the rails over until/unless I can get another pair. I will need this extra capacity for some future projects. If you didn't see UO Woody's set up, you really need to check it out.

Thanks again for your help and please keep checking this thread. I am going to call the HD Jetdriver recommended in Rossford, OH. I'll advise all the details.(Thanks Jet!)

Comment

Greg,

The rails I was referring to are for the 2412 (verified today) not the 2424. Might still work for you. The Hardware Manager was off today. I will call tomorrow. The box says "not for individual sale." But, what are they going to do with a pair of rails with no fence or no saw?

Comment

I struck out at the Rossford, OH store. They said they had saws for each set of rails.(Typical HD confusion)

Jonnyk, i think the 2412's will match the 2424's. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Greg,
                          Parts lists for the TS2412 and the TS2424 identify the same parts numbers for both:
                          824341-1 Cap Front Rail Left
                          824339-1 Cap Front Rail Right
                          824371-1 Cap Rear Rail Left
                          824372-1 Cap Rear Rail Right
                          If the end caps interchange, the profiles must be identical.
                          If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

tHERE IS A SET OF 2424 TIALS ON THE SELF AT THE wOODRUFF rD STORE IN gREENVILLE, sc

Comment

Ther is a set at the woodruff rd store in Greenville SC, no saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X