X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting the Ridgid outfeed table

I recently bought a used Ridgid JP060 and when I checked the height of the blades and they were higher than the outfeed table.

UNDER CHECKING ALIGNMENT:
    The directions state to put a straightedge on the outfeed table and over the blades and above the infeed table.

I lowered the infeed table easily after loosening the Table Lock Screw.

All three blades are the same height (over the outfeed table) and all are the same height. So I suspect that the OUTFEED TABLE is too low.

UNDER OUTFEED TABLE ADJUSTMENT:
    If the OUTFEED Table needs adjustment, loosen the wing screw table locks. I only see one of these on the outfeed side and one on the infeed side.

I loosened the wing screw table lock for the outfeed side, but the Outfeed Table Handle will not turn more than a third of a turn.

What's a guy to do?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Adjusting the Ridgid outfeed table

Welcome to the forum
    Have a look through this thread and see if it helps, if not please post further questions

Comment

Re: Adjusting the Ridgid outfeed table

You have made several references to adjustment directions, so I assume you have the manual. If you don't, download it from the Ridgid website.

By the way, I have the same jointer. First, and most important, you adjust the knives to be level to the outfeed table, not the other way around. Second, take the blades out. Get them out of the way. Get the infeed table even with the outfeed. get a really good straight edge. Make an X with it, corner to corner, then down the length. If everything is not coplaner, and in parallax(fancy words, meaning everything is level), then you are going to have to make adjustments to one or both of the tables.

Then you worry about the blades being level with the outfeed table. Again, go to the manual, and there are any number of google hits on adjusting jointer knives.
      "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Working...
      X