Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

    With the french cleat too, you could connect the three sheets to one cleat on the top of the sheets with no gap and simply hang it from the other side of the cleat which is anchored above the garage door like you said. A little bit of extra framing kind of like a screen door as previously mentioned would help keep things a little more rigid. Even like a light framework of survey stakes or something to keep the bottom and edges together, or like you said you could attach one to each sheet and just but them close together for ease of movement. Hope this works out!
    Last edited by Marklar89; 08-09-2009, 12:33 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

      Originally posted by IamVince View Post
      Lets just say different and a very good way to get your post count upthanks for letting us know what you are trying to do.

      I don't get it. I think you are talking about how many times I am posting a question or reply but why would I want that up. It makes me sound even less intelligent than I would like to think I am??? Grin...

      I know I DON'T KNOW allot of stuff that everyone else here does, but I really am not afraid of asking for help...


      Dan

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

        Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        You wanna do green screen, you gotta watch Marks Apsolon on YouTube.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbTISLBgDfk

        check out tubetape.com for green and blue screen stuff.

        More Mark Apsolon YouTube videos


        You guys looking to enter the next RIDGID video challenge ought to take a gander too.

        If you want to learn video editing tricks, check out this site with hours of free tutorials.
        It's aimed at Adobe After Effects, but you will pick up tricks you can use in many video editors.

        http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
        Grin... OH NO Bob D. What happened. Grin... We were 100% right there and all and then this post. Grin...

        Just kidding, but I can tell you that I have watched many many Youtube videos on Green and Blue Screening and while Mark Apsolon videos are good, they (to me) are just paid adverts for tubetape. And that in itself is just WAY overpriced. Even in this video he talks about how he got their lights for $49.00 bucks. That is just REALLY crazy to spend that much for a simple 500 watt Halogen work light. There are SEVERAL local places (for most people) that have them at a FAR less expensive price. (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, even some of the Tru Value and other Mom and Pop shops (who actually NEED our business to stay affloat these days)

        The suplies that I got (from Home Depot) were a can of paint $11.00 Bucks (digitially matched from a swatch of a True Green backdrop that I had) and two 4x8 sheets of hard board at $7.22 each. So when I first saw this one and he started talking about $40.00 + bucks for the fabric, I was a knowcked off my rocker because I went to Wal Mart and then JoAnn Fabrics and bought a few yards from each to test them out. While they EACH DID WORK, I still have the problem of the fan blowing them. So that is why I am going to a more Ridgid (Grin) surface...

        Anyway, I do still like some of the factual stuff in his videos about how to light and so on.

        Now it seems that you know ALLOT about green screening and so on, so can you tell me a decent, inexpensive (FREE if POSSIBLE) program to use with video.

        Thank You Again,


        Dan

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

          adverts for tubetape.
          I feel the same. But for those who are new it is one place to get some information.

          Try WAX, a little quirky, but free.
          http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

          Wax is a high performance and flexible video compositing and special effects software.
          The idea for Wax is to be very general purpose and flexible in video compositing and
          effects, so that you can compose your dream video sequence with ease everytime.



          If all you have is Windows Movie Maker, try this.
          (I have not used this myself as I have After Effects in CS3)

          http://www.wikihow.com/Chroma-Key-in...ws-Movie-Maker

          Search Google or YouTube for many more examples.

          Also check out www.indymogol.com which has some great projects if you are working with kids.

          http://www.indymogul.com/backyardfx/...e/BFX_20081215
          Last edited by Bob D.; 08-09-2009, 08:53 AM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

            Originally posted by 210Dan View Post
            I don't get it. I think you are talking about how many times I am posting a question or reply but why would I want that up. It makes me sound even less intelligent than I would like to think I am??? Grin...

            I know I DON'T KNOW allot of stuff that everyone else here does, but I really am not afraid of asking for help...


            Dan
            I didn't mean that in a bad way at all...some forums you have to have 10 or so posts to post a pic(I do not think this is one)The way you answered each person(great thing to do btw)made me think of that.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

              Originally posted by 210Dan View Post

              "Anyway, you are correct. It is from floor to ceiling but it is in front of the garage door which open like a roll top desk so actually mounting it (even semi permanently) with any type of fastener to the garage door would put me it the hospital if the wife ever found out."

              Dan



              Dan, the garage is the man's place. In this one room of the house it doesn't matter what the wife thinks. I made a deal with my wife when we bought our house. The house is yours to do what you want with and I get the garage no questions asked. Even though I do all the remodeling in the house as she wants it. It has worked very well of us. My deer antlers hang in the garage with a framed jack daniels vintage picture, my fishing poles, my gun cabinet, table saw, router table, lathe, and all my other tools. GARAGE IS THE MANS ROOM!!!! Just like the sign on my wood shop says no girls allowed! The garage is where we leave all our manly smells such as fresh cut saw dust, cigar smoke, blood and sweat. I am doing my "Home Improvement" Tim Taylor grunt right now.

              Disclaimer: Do not ever tell your wife that what she thinks does not matter this may result in injury or death. If you are going to attempt such a proposal do so with kid gloves. Failure to do so may result in impotence caused by ones wife.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
                With the french cleat too, you could connect the three sheets to one cleat on the top of the sheets with no gap and simply hang it from the other side of the cleat which is anchored above the garage door like you said. A little bit of extra framing kind of like a screen door as previously mentioned would help keep things a little more rigid. Even like a light framework of survey stakes or something to keep the bottom and edges together, or like you said you could attach one to each sheet and just but them close together for ease of movement. Hope this works out!
                OK, cool. It does seem Mark that the French Cleats is by far the most popular and (grin) easiest way to go.

                I like that so many people helped me out with this and 99% of the time I will ask the same question to several different people and weigh the "same" answers I get from people and go that way. Kinda like Poll the audience in some of those game shows and stuff. Grin... So Thank You for the input...


                Dan

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                  Originally posted by IamVince View Post
                  I didn't mean that in a bad way at all...some forums you have to have 10 or so posts to post a pic(I do not think this is one)The way you answered each person(great thing to do btw)made me think of that.

                  OK, I get it now. As I said before I am kinda new at this but I do understand why posting Pix. could be limited to people who are actually gonna stick around and stuff... And I honestly think that if people took the time to help me out, I should at the very least Thank Them for doing so. I have NO IDEA of where I would be now if I did not have any help in the past with so many different things.


                  Dan


                  BTW - If you can tell me how to just reply to people without making a new post, I would appreciate it...





                  -EDIT- OK, So I have been on the laptop when online lately and just went back in on the other machine and SEE a "Post Reply" in the lower left hand corner... Is that what I am supposed to be using ???
                  Last edited by 210Dan; 08-11-2009, 01:54 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                    Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                    Dan, the garage is the man's place. In this one room of the house it doesn't matter what the wife thinks. I made a deal with my wife when we bought our house. The house is yours to do what you want with and I get the garage no questions asked. Even though I do all the remodeling in the house as she wants it. It has worked very well of us. My deer antlers hang in the garage with a framed jack daniels vintage picture, my fishing poles, my gun cabinet, table saw, router table, lathe, and all my other tools. GARAGE IS THE MANS ROOM!!!! Just like the sign on my wood shop says no girls allowed! The garage is where we leave all our manly smells such as fresh cut saw dust, cigar smoke, blood and sweat. I am doing my "Home Improvement" Tim Taylor grunt right now.

                    Disclaimer: Do not ever tell your wife that what she thinks does not matter this may result in injury or death. If you are going to attempt such a proposal do so with kid gloves. Failure to do so may result in impotence caused by ones wife.

                    GRIN... Always read the small print... Hahahaha ( A website called MousePrint.org has taught me that from such a LONG time ago. )

                    Now as far as being a Man's Place, i agree 100% for sure, but I also have a caveat in there that IF there is smoke, or fire or just in general any time if she hears me screaming or yelling, that she is more than welcome to enter. Grin...

                    I like the idea of your Jack Daniels Picture being out there where you can see it anytime you want. I too have collected JD items for quiet some time. Now that I have My First and Only Child in the house though I have been thinking of putting them up on Ebay or Craigslist or something along those lines, but just have not gotten to it yet.

                    That's something for another topic though I guess.

                    Anyway, I WILL have to remember that deal though with the next one though...


                    Garage that is, not Wife !!! Grin...


                    Dan

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                      I am glad you saw the humor in it. I really did make that deal with my wife and I am glad I did. It gives me a space to call my own and I think most men need that. I gave her a tool kit so she leaves my tools alone, I get cranky when they are messy or out of place when I need them. She all most gets more out of the garage then I do. I have built four sets of shelves for her, remodeled my kitchen, bathroom, sons room (twice) and dinning room. All of which I used the tools my garage so it works out for us.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                        Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                        I get cranky when they are messy or out of place.
                        Agreed! The other day my dad took the Big snap on flathead I have for taking waste and overflow covers off/turning other big screws out of my finishing kit when he was working on his Volvo. Then I went to help my neighbour with a clogged tub and it took FOREVER to find it. I scoured my two plumbing toolboxes for like an hour just to find it in his case of ring wrenches after he came out and heard me rifling through everything for a while. Needless to say it makes you feel kind of crazy when you KNOW you put it in there and you didn't know he took it out and you're still looking for it. Kind of a PITA. Don't mind people using my tools as long as they don't abuse them (he doesn't) or as long as they put them back where they found them. Good thing I bought the big flat head Klein at a garage sale this weekend, fits in the little box perfect. The snap on is from a garage sale too, they rock, I have some rosewood handle philips screwdrivers and a ton of nut drivers from there too. Even a bunch of 5/16 which totally rule for gear clamps/MJ clamps. (I stay as far away from fernco's as possible...they are kind of low quality IMO.)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: How To ? Hang 4x8 sheet hardboard

                          Funny thing here, I had to RE read the posts to see (REMEMBER) what I was talking about when I first made the post. As it turns out I MADE A BENCH. A kinda BIG workbench that could (and DOES) hold the 4x8 sheet of pegboard. I even painted the pegboard white and got so PERRRRRRRTY tools hanging up on it now. (Someday I even plan on finding out what some of them there tools do too ! ) Grin...


                          Dan


                          BTW - YES I know this is old, but so am I, and I hope people come to visit me ever now and then too.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X