X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Top Band Saw

I am looking to buy a bench top band saw and was looking for some recommendations. I am looking at the Delta 28-150. I have also looked at the Ryobi and Dewalt. Please give any comments you may have.

Thanks,

Chris

The ryobi has served me well so far for light work. Definitely a hobby machine though and not for resawing or thicker wood. I am getting ready to trade up to the full size model as the ryobi just doesn't have the power I need. My only other comment would be that there is a lot of plastic on this machine, if I were to look for a bench top machine that I tought I'd keep for a while I think I would look real hard at the Delta. I bought the Ryobi because it was cheap and I was not sure how much I would need it.

Comment

cnicol: if you have a Menards close by check out the Pro-tech. $99.95, standard size blades, ball bearing induction motor, and rack-and-pinion gearing on the blade guides and table tilt. Works like the big boy's, only smaller. 9" throat, 3 5/8 under the guide. Hope this helps. ........Dawg
      He who dies with the most power tools wins!

Comment

Working...
      X