X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 dimensions?

Hey everyone.. I've been searching around the board and Ridgid's site, and can't seem to find some (pretty basic) info. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

How big is this thing???

1. Table size with extensions

2. Overall storage footprint - need to know how far it will stick out into my workshop when it's up against the garage wall when not in use. I don't really want to mess with the motor unless it's really simple.

3. Height - how tall is the machine? I'd like to store it under a countertop to save space. I guess I'd need to know the height with the wheels down, as that's how it'd slide into place.

4. Cord length

5. Does the motor swivel out of the way for storage, or is it mounted rigidly? (no pun intended) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know it's a lot of questions, but it's frustrating that these aren't part of the product specs that are on the website.

Thanks in advance - I've been lurking for a while and you folks seem to really know your stuff!

-J

Don't know the overall demensions off the top of my head, but the front fence rail is close to 60" long. Front to back the table itself is 27" so plus the roughly 5" for the front rail and another 11" for the motor hanging out the back you are looking at 43". The saw (up on wheels or not) is too tall to fit under a standard countertop or workbench top. the motor can not be easily folded in or disconnected without incurring the PITA of setting it up every time.

If you are starting out and do not have room to dedicate to a full size contractor or cabinet saw, you might consider something like the Ridgid MS-UV with a 10" bench-top saw of your choice mounted on it. Or, you might look at the new Skill (yeah I know, not the best out there) xShop saw. link to Skil webpage The idea behind this saw is pretty nice I think. It places a benchtop 10" saw on top of a cabinet. The right and left wing areas of the saw house inserts that can hold a variety of hand-held power tools, turing them into bench mounted tools of sorts. the tools mounted in their adapter plates can be stored in the lower section of the cabinet. Everything fits in what looks to be a 36" x 24" space.

Comment

Originally posted by thermo:

How big is this thing???

1. Table size with extension

64½" X 31" THESE NUMBERS INCLUDE THE RAILS
      ------------------------------------------------
      2. Overall storage footprint - need to know how far it will stick out into my workshop when it's up against the garage wall when not in use.

42" FROM BACK OF MOTOR TO THE FRONT OF THE FENCE
      -------------------------------------------------
      3. Height - how tall is the machine? I'd like to store it under a countertop to save space. I guess I'd need to know the height with the wheels down, as that's how it'd slide into place.

36¼" WITH BLADE RETRACTED AND BLADE GUARD OFF, 41" WITH BLADE GUARD ON.
      --------------------------------------------------
      4. Cord length

APPROX. 66"
      5. Does the motor swivel out of the way for storage, or is it mounted rigidly?

NO, THE MOTOR DOES NOT SWIVEL OUT OF THE WAY.
      I know it's a lot of questions, but it's frustrating that these aren't part of the product specs that are on the website.

I DOUBT IF YOU'D FIND MANY OF THESE DIMENSIONS ON ANYONES WEBSITE.
      NOTE: My saw is a 3612 but the dimensions on the 3650 should be somewhat close to the 3612. The above dimensions were taken from my saw. A trip to your local HD, there must be a few in the Nashville area, would also provide you with more exact dimensions. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks a ton for helping me out with the dimensions, both of you. The Skil saw probably wouldn't be of much use, as I'm in the final stages of getting my General Contractors license. I'm working on my shop layout (err.. garage layout?) and it's important that I can still get my truck into the garage for security (lots 'o tools in the back!). This saw probably won't make it to the jobsite much, but it'll be awesome for pre-cutting finish parts.

It's tough to fit everything into a 20'x20' shop and still have room for a vehicle! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Once again, thanks a bunch

-James

Comment

Working...
        X