Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this 220v set up for TS3612 sound ok?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this 220v set up for TS3612 sound ok?

I did a search and read forever but just not sure?

Here's what I have:
    Shop is on other side of concrete drive, about 60ft across from garage, barn is about 80ft out back behind the house.

60amp breaker in the main panel box with 6/2 going about 30ft to a 60amp box just outside the garage door.

In the 60amp box I have...
    1- 20amp breaker that feeds the barn lights, about a 80ft run with 12/2.
    1- 20amp breaker that feeds all 110 in small shop, about a 60ft run with 10/2.
    1- 30amp double pole breaker that feeds a single 220v outlet in shop, about a 60ft run with 10/2.
    Replace the factory cord on TS3612 with 15ft of 14/2 orange extention cord type wire.
    The 220 outlet and the cord end I purchased both have 1-horizonal blade and 1-vertical blade and a standard ground.
    I know 220 is better for the motor, but I'm also out to put the saw on its own circuit. The 110 circuit is usually just running lights, radio, fan, maybe pancake comp cycling, and 1 power tool at a time...miter saw, router or something like that.

Does this sound ok?....Thanks.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, similar to what I am planning. The 240 volt run will be very lightly loaded, and could easily support multiple outlets, ready to convert other machines to 240 volts, or to add equipment that is 240 only (like the dust collector I am considering)

Comment

You should check with a local electrician about the code requirements for the feed from the main panel that is running outdoors; probably has to be in conduit.

Also, be sure that the neutral and ground are NOT bonded in the sub-panel. Only in the main panel.

Comment

RGad,
        What do you mean by Bonded?
        Bucko

Comment

The white wire (neutral) and the green wire (ground) are electrically connected together (bonded), but at only one place - the main panel (why only one is a long story).

In sub panels, like the house panel, the shop panel, the hot tub panel, etc., the neutral and ground have to be kept separate, not bonded.

Comment

The inspector got me 2 weeks ago for having the neutral and ground on the same bar (first time I've wired). I had to re-run 4-wire cable in place of the 3-wire I had originaly put in. Luckily the subpanel I wired is 3 feet from the main. Still, wasted $20 on the new cable and a half an hour wrestling with 2-gage wire [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X