Pay attention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay attention

Finally got to use my new TS2424 today to shorten some indoor shutters. All the cuts were as straight as could be, I couldn't be happier with the saw. Tried to to some cuts without the shop vac sucking the dust (to see how noisy the saw was) and got a lot of dust everywhere. . .

I did almost cut off my thumb though. I was waiting for the blade to stop spinning so I could remove some of the waste when I went ahead and reached in to grab the outside edge of the waste. Hey the blade was almost stopped. Turned out I misjudged the blade position and proceeded to smack the heck out of my thumb with the spinning down blade. Thank god everything was powering down, and that I didn't reach any more into the blade. I remember telling myself to be extra careful when I first started working today . . . . .

Needless to say I am feeling a bit more humble (and thankful I can still touch type).

Bradman

[ 08-04-2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Bradman ]

Not to be a jerk, Bradman---but where was that new guard?
    Dave

Comment

A lesson to us all... beware the spinning blade. Dave

Comment

Actually the guard was in place just held up by the piece of waste. I subconciously tried to wrap my thumb and finger around the near end (right by the spinning blade). Belive me I am no slouch on the safety side, I just wanted to share a close call. Heck, I take the drive belt off when I am done; to avoid the belt setting up from disuse and also to eliminate any chance of someone starting up the saw.

Bradman

Comment

Gad---take the belt off?---and I thought I was safey conscience Didn't mean to doubt you, about the guard--but you'd be surprised at how many people post these ---"gee, I got hurt, or nearly hurt, " from my saw----and few, if any, were using the guard. But, as you point out---guard won't solve everything.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X