X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 miter gauge

The miter gauge that came with my R4511 TS has the tab at the bottom-front screwed in at a slight angle. This appears to make the gauge's movement on the track jerk slightly side-to-side. My local HD was great and ordered a replacement. However the new one has the exact same issue. So I'm left wondering whether anyone has that tab on straight, or are they all slightly askew?

I'd rather not remove the tab as it does help keep the front end of the gage from popping up and out of the track. And yes, I could buy an Incra, but ...

Re: R4511 miter gauge

If you are talking about the plate that is screwed to the bottom front of the bar, that should not be an issue if it is a little crooked. As long as you can slide the bar back and forth in the track without it binding, you are alright. The plate is on there so that you could hang the gauge off the front of the saw if you had to for stock clearance, and the bar and gauge would not come out of the track. There are set scews in the side of the bar that need to be adjusted to take any side play or slop out of the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhobbes View Post
      The miter gauge that came with my R4511 TS has the tab at the bottom-front screwed in at a slight angle. This appears to make the gauge's movement on the track jerk slightly side-to-side. My local HD was great and ordered a replacement. However the new one has the exact same issue. So I'm left wondering whether anyone has that tab on straight, or are they all slightly askew?

I'd rather not remove the tab as it does help keep the front end of the gage from popping up and out of the track. And yes, I could buy an Incra, but ...
      Same here, the canter prevents the set screws on right side to make smooth contact with the miter slot. Also, all my set screws are so loose in the treads of the miter rail, that they can not stay adjusted. LockTite would help the looseness of the set screws I'm sure I will be told. Fit and finish -1.
      Last edited by woodruf; 08-14-2009, 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe

Comment

Originally posted by wwhobbes View Post

I removed mine and don't recall an angle. Someday I may replace it with a piece of UHMW. Is it catching on debris or irregularities in the miter slot? I've read other postings where there seemed to be spots of epoxy or something in the slots. I believe a quick touch with sandpaper cleared it up.

Comment

Working...
        X