black and decker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black and decker

Does Dewalt manufacture Black and Decker? I have noticed some similarities in the miter saws.

It's actually the opposite. Black and Decker is Dewalt. - Kris
    - Kris

Comment

Dewalt is a yellow B&D

Comment

What are the differences between a Black & Decker and a Dewalt? Is the Dewalt just a higher priced version of a Black & Decker??

Comment

I believe DeWalt is their "pro" line of tools.

Michael

Comment

Depends on the specific machine. Marketing-wise, DeWalt is the higher end line. But, you can't accurately say that "DeWalts are yellow Black&Deckers". For example, several of the DeWalt routers come from the purchase of Elu.

I've never heard anyone refer to a Milwaukee drill as a "red Sioux"...

Dave

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth---B&D first bought DeWalt in the '70s (or there abouts)---I had a B&D/DeWalt radial arm saw. Up until , maybe the '90s, B&D still put out a darned good tool---then DeWalt expanded it's line of tools, and stuff under the B&D name suddenly became comparable to the cheapy Skill and Ryobi tools. Hint---if you every find old B&D tools at a swap meet or garage sale---buy them---aside from brushes, you can't kill them!
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X