Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

TS3650 arbor -- how about a free blade?!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steele... thanks for the pictures. They were a big help. I pulled the main section of the saw out of the box, removed the blade, and found that I have the BAD arbor.

I called CS and got put on a (2 week?) waiting list. I don't know if I want to attempt to swap this out myself though. My luck hasn't been running so well seeing how I'm now disabled/retired just from falling off a Sea-Doo in 1997. With all my joints falling apart now I feel that I'm jinxed or something. With my luck I'll screw something up swaping out the arbor and I'll end up with a dead saw...

If I want it done at a local service center, does anyone know if I still have to wait to receive an arbor first? My saw is still unassembled. I'd really like to use it, but I don't want to spend the 8 hours assembling it only to unassemble it again to take it to a service center. What's the chance that they have arbors in stock now???
    ~~Spunky-Monkey~~ <br /> [i]...just monkeyin\' around with wood.[-i]

Comment

Guess what!!! It IS possible to get one of these new Titanium blades for zilch, zero! I just got the 90 tooth blade yesterday for free from my local Home Depot. I guess you have to have a really understanding store manager, and ask nicely.

~~Spunky-Monkey~~

Comment

It is clear that with some models of stack and safety dado blade sets that there can be clearance and alignment issues when used in conjunction with the RIDGID® Model TS3650 table saw. We apologize for any confusion or performance issues that they may have created for those of you who have experienced a problem of this nature. This problem does not occur with all dado blade sets so as a result RIDGID would like to provide you with this means of assistance should you have a concern with your TS3650 arbor and the use of specialty blades like dado sets.

PLEASE CALL RIDGID TECHNICAL SERVICE AT 1-(866)-427-8177.

Our experienced technical support staff will quickly be able to diagnose any potential issues you may have with your TS3650 arbor. If you do have a problem, we will stand behind you and do what we can to supply you with a remedy so that you have the optimum performance, productivity, and enjoyment out of your RIDGID TS3650.

Comment

BrandMan (Administrator), this is your/Ridgid's [/b]only[/b] public comment on this issue since your initial one almost 4 months ago, and this is all you can come up with? I'm going to get a bit edgier than 'badgerdave' did, and say "PROVE IT!" I for one don't believe your statement!!! And that's a pretty CHEAP way to try to quiet your upset paying customers.

I spoke with my local Home Depot store manager again last week and he got on a conference call with his buyer, and the CEO of Ridgid. I wonder what your CEO is going to think when we read him your post during our next conference call... Hopefully we may get a real forum moderator out of it all. (Yes, it's a cheap shot. But rightly deserved!)

~~Spunky-Monkey~~

Comment

I was thinking of buying this saw but after all the messages on the forums, I think I'll go with a different manufactor. I was also going to but hye jointer, but have decided that I don't need the problems with RIGID!

Comment

I wanted to thanks steelewoodworker for the picture. And all who took time to post this problem. I was just getting ready to assemble my saw and plan on using a dado blade. I looked and sure enough had a bad arbor. It would take 2-6 weeks to get a shop to fix it and I wan't going to fix it. So I take it back to home depot. They couldn't just exchange it. They had to refund and issue me a credit. Turns out the price is $50 lower than when I bought it so I guess in a strange way I did get some compensation for the trouble

Thanks again for all the posts on this. I am a beginner and would have been pulling my hair out with bad dado cuts had I not found this fourm.
              Frank

Comment

Working...
              X