X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt/Spindle Sander

Does anyone own the Ridgid Oscillating Edge Belt/Spindle Sander? Do you like it? Do you have any trouble getting replacement sleeves?

Welcome to the board. I don't own the Ridgid unit, but it's always been well thought of. About the only quirk I've ever heard anyone report was pushing down firmly enough on the spindle or belt to engage it in the drive. I do think it's price is a touch high, making other alternatives attractive, but if you can get it on sale, it's a darned good value. FYI, since I was shy on funds when I really needed one, I bought the Ryobi for $99-----while it's noisy as all get-out and the grit on the OEM spindle sleeves isn't the best---hey, for the price, I can use it as a boat anchor when it gives up the ghost. I do, however, wish I had the belt option.
    Dave

Comment

You can get sleeves at
      Red Hill Corp.

Woodworker's Supply

Klingspor's

I don't own the sander myself so I can't comment on it. Try using the Search feature to find out what others have to say about it.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've been using this sander for over two years and it works very well. The thing I like the best is edge sanding with the belt attached. Its very easy to maintain a straight edge on the wood. Some may find it a bit under powered, but for me it has been a great addition to the shop.

Greg

Comment

Woodtreker,

I own one and I love it, especially because it uses the same size belts as my PC sander does.

I have not as yet used the spindle part so no input there. It seems the market is limited on a reasonably priced source for spindle tubes but since I have not used them as yet, dont know how fast they go and need replacing.

Jerry
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Working...
          X