X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP13002 dust collection?

I bought a really nice, barely used thickness planer. It has no dust collection however and I'd like to connect it to my Rigid shop Vac. Is there a piece available?

Otherwise can I fit a tube or something onto where the chips spray out?

I could have sworn I saw a good article on the web about someone who made one up out of clear tubing or something but I can't seem to find the link .

Very happy with the planer otherwise!

Phil

Re: TP13002 dust collection?

Look in the manual, there is a DC hood available for it. Actually came with it when new. Manual available on the ridgid site if you didn't get one with it.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Phil,

My parts list show the following:

95 827858 VAC ADAPTOR (DUST CHUTE) .......................... 1
      96 828714 VAC ADAPTOR PLUG ........................................ 1

The "95" and "96" refer to the illustration rerferance numbers. You can check with http://www.m-and-d.com/ridgid_parts.html?id=VhLia7am for both the parts listing as well as cost and availability.

Of course, I wouldn't know if you're missing anything else that may be need to fit these components to your machine, so check the parts illustration with what you have.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I found this list in the parts section. The guy at HD said the dust collection is different in the ( current) 3 blade model.
        Is that where you got the part number? I don't see it in the manual for my machine , listing numbers don't go that high so I think maybe you are looking at a newer manual.

I did find this list in my manual, but no picture of it.

Power Tool Universal Legset ....... AC9910
        Dust Collector .............................. AC8640
        Replacement Knives.................... AC8630

and it is available on that lawnmower sit you linked to :

TTI-AC8640
        AC8640 RYOBI-RIDGID TOOLS PART AC8640
        QC ACCESS VAC ADPT $40.09

I appreciate the help Thank you.

Phil
        Last edited by Philsvintageradios; 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Quick google search for the dust collector p/n in your message returns:

http://www.amazon.com/RIDGID-Planer-.../dp/B000FMOHKM

Comment

oh that is interesting . Amazon lists it for two bucks? certainly can't beat that price.

Phil

Comment

For $2 I might order a spare before they sell out. LOL
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Phil,

I got that number right out of the Ridgid repair sheet TP1300_316_PL.PDF, here's the title:

RIDGID
                SURFACE PLANER
                MODEL NO. TP1300
                REPAIR SHEET

Both the title and the previously given part numbers were cut and pasted, in order to alleviate any typing errors.

I can't find a publication number on the PDF file, other than the file number. But a hard copy of the repair sheet is listed in the Figure A Parts List as:

983000-316R REPAIR SHEET
                07-13-06 (REV:05)

CWS

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true it isn't .
                  The amazon thing is just a come on. I spent an hour filling in their silly online forms credit info and in the end it says some garbage about can't ship to your area. so it isn't legitamate. I think they just put it in to get your info, I am sure I will see a bunch of spam now.

The lawnmower site lists it for about 40 bucks. I tried to contact Rigid and only got a canned email back yesterday with excuses why it takes so long to answer an email. I figured I could buy it from Rigid?

Meanwhile I made one from clear plastic jars this morning but it sort of imploded, couldn't handle the suction. It half worked but was too whimpy so I am on my second rev now..

I cut the hole in the side of a piece of PVC pipe and put some stick on foam gasket material on it to fit the mouth of the planer. My piece of pipe is only about 2.5 inches so it might plug, but Ill give that a whirl . Ill look for some larger clear plexi. that would work better I think.

I did get an idea of what it looks like from the line drawing and it looks like it is set to have the vacuum hose on the operator side of the machine. of course operating it means running from infeed to outfeed so I have to jump the hose every time or put the hose in a U shape. seems funny that they would design it to blow the chips out on that side, because otherwise it is very well designed. Considering how light duty it is it works surprisingly well.

Thanks for the help!

Phil
                  Last edited by Philsvintageradios; 08-19-2009, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Phil, I am not saying the $2 price isn't a come on (but it would be odd for Amazon to let that happen very long and the company that is selling the dust shroud seems to have tons of stuff on Amazon). Also, I added it to my cart and went clear to the very end of the checkout process with no trouble (just short of submitting the order)

Are you sure you didn't select a shipping method that they dont support to your location?

Comment

Phil,

Would it help if you had pictures of the actual parts and perhaps some dimensions?

My TP1300 is still NIB, as I bought the last one in stock well ahead of any intent (or place) to set it up and use it. That probably won't happen until next year. But the point is, other than opening the box for inspection, I still have everything in the box, unassembled. I'll be back at the that house this coming weekend and can take a picture and give you some rough dimensions on the parts, if you need them.

Unfortunately, I won't be returning here where I have internet accesss until the following weekend. So, that may well be too late for you needs. But, I thought I'd offer. Perhaps someone who is closer to their TP1300 could help quicker, but let me know if you would like this from me.

CWS

Comment

Thr Ridgid dust chute can be set up to exit the chips out either end if you use a 2 1/2" hose. If you use a 4", then it only works on the right side (facing the infeed side of the machine). You could always buy a 2 1/2 -4" adapter to use the other side of the dust chute. I built mine from a 4" cardboard mailing tube and a plywood frame that surronds the slot outlet. I made the frame flush with the top of the metal cover, and then used a piecs of 1" strap steel to attach to the frame and then screw into the cneter hole in the metal cover. Works great!

Comment

Working...
                        X