X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: R4511 Table Saw Recall Notice

Funny, I just received a call from the service center that was supposed to come and test/fix my saw, and they said they won't do it as Ridgid is only paying them $50. He said his normal rate is $86 per hour, and that's for bringing the tool into the store, not for on site repair.

Looks like I'm back to the beginning...

Comment

Smoooooth...

What us your next step? Ask them to swap it for a new one?
      Last edited by tomapple; 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChucker View Post
        Funny, I just received a call from the service center that was supposed to come and test/fix my saw, and they said they won't do it as Ridgid is only paying them $50. He said his normal rate is $86 per hour, and that's for bringing the tool into the store, not for on site repair.

Looks like I'm back to the beginning...
        Not that this is any big deal, but Ridgid is also paying the service person $1.00 per mile for vehicle use on top of the quoted rates.

Comment

Originally posted by tomapple View Post
          Smoooooth...

What us your next step? Ask them to swap it for a new one?
          I guess. I'm waiting for a call back from the customer service and we'll go from there.

Comment

The repair kit for my saw was supposedly sent to the repair center on 8/24. Haven't heard from them regarding an appointment yet? Fingers, and now toes, still crossed.

Big G

Comment

I've been waiting since the 19th. As of yesterday, parts had not arrived at the repair center.

Comment

I figured the on site repair offer from Ridgid was the reason no one was willing to drive the 30 miles to test or fix my machine.

Guys don't wait for customer service to call you back. They didn't in my case at least. I got the 800 number for OTI and extension # for the person I talked to and called and if they answered fine, if not I left a vm and they did not call back. Still the 3 different ones I talked to said take it back to HD for a replacement.

My HD manager said he has taken care of the paperwork and ordered a replacement that they will deliver and pick up my recalled one.

That was on Tuesday so will call them either today or tomorrow to see the status.

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
                  I just called Ridgid and it only took 11 minutes. She then called me back within 5 minutes and gave me all the contact information of the repair company that will come out and fix it. I'm just waiting on them to set an appointment. They are 80 miles away. I can't see them traveling all that to come here and after reading other posts, they may just tell me to return it to HD. We'll see what happens.

Red
                  Got a call from the service company. They will come out next week and do the fix. It takes about an hour. I'm surprised they are traveling that far, but grateful they are.

Red
                  Red

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
                    Got a call from the service company. They will come out next week and do the fix. It takes about an hour. I'm surprised they are traveling that far, but grateful they are.

Red
                    Hopefully they will bring both their test slug as well as a new arbor in case it needs replaced.

Comment

Called HD this am and talked to the manager. He said he thought my replacement saw had been sent out already on the truck for delivery. It hadn't but he got a couple of muscular guys to bring it out in one of their heavy duty pick up trucks that they rent.
                      A little hassle getting it off with just the three of us, a large dolly, and ramp, but we used my hillside by the garage to lessen the angle for the ramps and that worked fine for unloading and loading the recall back on.

I was pretty much dreading to have to assemble again, but I soon found that going through the parts as I uncrated brought back the procedure, and all so far has gone smoothly.
                      Base and herc u lift are mounted and saw is on its back resting on a skid with plywood on it. Can't stand it up by myself without removing the top which is what I did last time, but think I will wait until tomorrow and get my neighbor to help me. Then its just wings, knobs, and fence rails etc.

Comment

Glad to hear that you got your new one. You see any significant differences in the current saw design versus your old one?

Comment

Originally posted by Cato View Post
                          Called HD this am and talked to the manager. He said he thought my replacement saw had been sent out already on the truck for delivery. It hadn't but he got a couple of muscular guys to bring it out in one of their heavy duty pick up trucks that they rent.
                          A little hassle getting it off with just the three of us, a large dolly, and ramp, but we used my hillside by the garage to lessen the angle for the ramps and that worked fine for unloading and loading the recall back on.

I was pretty much dreading to have to assemble again, but I soon found that going through the parts as I uncrated brought back the procedure, and all so far has gone smoothly.
                          Base and herc u lift are mounted and saw is on its back resting on a skid with plywood on it. Can't stand it up by myself without removing the top which is what I did last time, but think I will wait until tomorrow and get my neighbor to help me. Then its just wings, knobs, and fence rails etc.
                          Glad to hear that you got your new one. You see any significant differences in the current saw design versus your old one?
                          what is the date code on your new one?
                          did your HD insist you disassemble and re-crate the first one?

Comment

So far nothing has really jumped out as a significant design change. I'll look closer once I get it upright today.

Comment

Originally posted by woodruf View Post
                              what is the date code on your new one?
                              did your HD insist you disassemble and re-crate the first one?
                              Date code on the new one is 0915.
                              No, HD was extremely accommodating. I told them it was a heavy unit, and could they send a truck for it. They said, no problem, it'll take two days to get one in from another store, and we will bring the new and take away the recall. Really it was no muss no fuss.

Comment

Update:

Ridgid called me back this morning. Yea Rhonda!
                                She said that a guy in LA (hour drive) will be calling me later to setup a time to come an inspect my saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X