• Re: R4511 Table Saw Recall Notice

HD can and should order you one.

Comment

If they want you money the will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Lenfestey View Post
        Can HD order one for me or do I just need to shop other Home Depot's. Also are there any sales expected in the near future?
        Rob:

The HD in South Hill, VA 23970 has two up on the rack that are beyond the recall dates so they have good arbors. Not likely to be sold soon since they removed their display saw for reasons unknown. South Hill is about 80 miles north on I-85 from Durham. While I have your attention you might want to check out a virtual woodworking club I moderate for woodworkers in NC and nearby states. www.ncwoodworker.net
        Last edited by Glennbear; 10-15-2009, 03:28 PM. Reason: poor syntax

Comment

I had been watching for this saw to go on sale at the Home Depot here in far Western Massachusetts and when it did I ended up getting the floor model for $450.

It was within the recall dates, so I called Ridgid and they had someone from the aforementioned Rotti's out to do the repair within the week. I was pleasantly surprised, as I am about an hour and a half away from them.

Looking forward to getting it set up, now!

Comment

alanhayes,

It is a great saw. Just take the time to get it adjusted and you will enjoy it.

And by the way, welcome to the site.

Red
            Red

Comment

Can anyone tell me if and when they will start shipping saws again ? I was buying one for Xmas when they pulled them.

Comment

Originally posted by spcshpwily View Post
                Can anyone tell me if and when they will start shipping saws again ? I was buying one for Xmas when they pulled them.
                They are discontinued. They are clearancing them out for $299 here, but at that price good luck finding one; most of them are probably already sold.

Comment

Well, I found a 4511 at a HD about 45 miles away from home. I paid for it and will be picking it up tomorrow. I don't know how long this saw has been sitting at the store of what kind of condition the box is in. I am abit concerned that once I bring home and check it, the granite top may be chipped or cracked. I am wondering if a damaged box is a good indicator of damage to the granite top. Also I'm interested in looking for the "Orange Square" outside the package, which means it is not affected by the recall.
                  Does anyone have a picture of it or where in the box it is located?
                  Last edited by Hawk; 01-25-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Well, I picked up my R4511 and brought it home safely. All my concerns were unfounded. The exterior of the box was in great condition, no tears or gouges.
                    It had a label on the box indicating a date code of 0931.

After unbolting the steel cage from the steel base, I was able to I unloaded the various boxes containing the granite wings, fence, miter gauge, etc. And with the help of my neighbor I unloaded the cabinet with the granite centerpiece still attached. I inspected all the granite pieces and found no cracks of chips. I must say I was impressed with how well it was packed.
                    I can't wait to start putting it together but as I learned from posts of R4511 owners, it can be abit tricky. So first i'm going to read the various tips and hints on the subject on this board for a hassle free assembly.

Here's some pictures of my new pride and joy:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hawk; 01-26-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: Added one more picture

Comment

Finished my assembly today,all but the blade n fence alignment. Have to buy a couple of guages for that Instructions are not the best. Check out threads on this site concerning set up. There very helpfull. You may want to pick up a bottle of asprin before you begin. good luck!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by duke58 View Post
                        Finished my assembly today,all but the blade n fence alignment. Have to buy a couple of guages for that Instructions are not the best. Check out threads on this site concerning set up. There very helpfull. You may want to pick up a bottle of asprin before you begin. good luck!
                        Gary
                        When I was trying to figure out how do unload the saw from my truck, (by myself) I felt tempted to remove the granite centerpiece but I remebered reading comments that it can be time consuming and tricky to level and realign it. So being that I did not disturb the factory settings, should I still expect to find a fair amount of blade misalignment with respect to the miter slot?
                        what gauges are you getting for your blade alignment?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          When I was trying to figure out how do unload the saw from my truck, (by myself) I felt tempted to remove the granite centerpiece but I remebered reading comments that it can be time consuming and tricky to level and realign it. So being that I did not disturb the factory settings, should I still expect to find a fair amount of blade misalignment with respect to the miter slot?
                          what gauges are you getting for your blade alignment?
                          Should check the alignment regardless. Im sure not every saw was perfect from the factory (not even sure ANY saw was perfect from the factory!)

I removed the table top to get mine into my basement, and it didnt take much to realign it. Im pickier than most, so I tried to get it absolutely perfect, but within .002 should be good (I think mine is now within .001)

Comment

Nice saw! Mine has a 0918 date code and I have not found a thing wrong yet. However, I have not checked alignment of the blade or fence yet. That is my next step. Attached are a couple of threads regarding alignment. Factory alignment is hit or miss with table saws.

Checking alignment... a dial indictor is the best. I have a super-bar but there are other dial indicators. I think one of threads list many options.

How do you like the (4) door Tacoma?

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/suprbrrvu.html
                            http://www.newwoodworker.com/basic/tsalign.html
                            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=25836&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                              Should check the alignment regardless. Im sure not every saw was perfect from the factory (not even sure ANY saw was perfect from the factory!)

I removed the table top to get mine into my basement, and it didnt take much to realign it. Im pickier than most, so I tried to get it absolutely perfect, but within .002 should be good (I think mine is now within .001)
                              I get it, blade alignment is a necesary step. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nordichomey View Post
                                Nice saw! Mine has a 0918 date code and I have not found a thing wrong yet. However, I have not checked alignment of the blade or fence yet. That is my next step. Attached are a couple of threads regarding alignment. Factory alignment is hit or miss with table saws.

Checking alignment... a dial indictor is the best. I have a super-bar but there are other dial indicators. I think one of threads list many options.

How do you like the (4) door Tacoma?

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/suprbrrvu.html
                                http://www.newwoodworker.com/basic/tsalign.html
                                http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=25836&page=2
                                Thanks for the links. I'll check out the super-bar, also looking at the A-Line-It (seems straightforward and simple to use).
                                I really like the Tacoma...it's a great ride for the daily commute and since we are a family of four, it's perfect for long trips and camping outings.

Comment

Working...
                                X