R4511 On Site Recall Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 On Site Recall Repair

With all the speculation some of us (at least me) are having as to how this will be carried out at the saw owners location, can the people that get this done please tell me what steps were performed to change out the arbor shaft. Any special tools needed, or operations performed, etc. This would be very helpful to those of us who are waiting to have this repair performed.

Re: R4511 On Site Recall Repair

I doubt if they have even had time yet to correct any of the involved saws. Has it even been a week since they announced the recall?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I'll for sure let you know. But, it may be a while. I don't think any of the repair centers have received the "kit" as Ridgid is calling it. (the recall letter I received yesterday was postmarked 8/18)

As of yesterday the parts were supposedly in transit for mine...once received, the repair guys will contact me to schedule the repair I have been told.
      Last edited by tomapple; 08-21-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: spellin'

Comment

It will be interesting to hear how they go about affecting the repair.

Someone wrote up a nice piece on replacing the TS-3650 arbor a few years back.
        There was an issue with the arbor unrelated to this one on the R4511.
        But the answer was to replace the arbor.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I called about the repair and was told that none of their repair sites were willing to come and do the repair. They told me my only option was to package up the saw and return it to Home Depot for another one. Package up a 600 lb. beast?

I asked if they would just send me the part and let me do the repair. They said absolutely not.

This is a nightmare to me. My saw was set up to use and now I can't use it or get it repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
            i called about the repair and was told that none of their repair sites were willing to come and do the repair. They told me my only option was to package up the saw and return it to home depot for another one. Package up a 600 lb. Beast?

I asked if they would just send me the part and let me do the repair. They said absolutely not.

This is a nightmare to me. My saw was set up to use and now i can't use it or get it repaired.

i just talked to them. Told them i could not bring the saw to the store so they are sending fedex to pick it up.

Comment

Sorry, but there is no way that FedEx is going to pickup an unpackaged 450 lb saw.

Comment

Working...
              X